PDA

View Full Version : Jeff, review for S2 IS

ht46
05-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Hi Jeff, you may have been asked this already several times, but I couldn't see that you had.

I'm looking very seriously at the Canon S2 IS, but have yet to read a professional review. I would like to purchase a digital camera sometime very soon, and was hoping to read a professional review on the S2 before making my final decision.

Do you happen to know when you'll be able to post a review on the S2 IS? Doesn't have to be an exact date, just an estimate.

I don't mean to sound impatient, I completely understand that you're trying your best to get reviews out when you can! And if you're unsure, don't worry about it, just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Thanks so much for your time, and thanks for all of your wonderful reviews! You've certainly helped me narrow down my choices!

-ht

Rhys
05-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Hi Jeff, you may have been asked this already several times, but I couldn't see that you had.

I'm looking very seriously at the Canon S2 IS, but have yet to read a professional review. I need (or maybe more really want) to purchase a camera sometime very soon, and was hoping to read atleast one serious review before making my final decision.

Please could you let me know around when you'll be able to post a review on the S2 IS? Doesn't have to be an exact date, just an estimate.

Thanks so much for your time, and thanks for all of your wonderful reviews! You've certainly helped me narrow down my choices!

-ht

He'll review it if Canon sends him an evaluation model and when he gets time. He can't "request" cameras and manufacturers aren't obliged to send him evaluation models.

ht46
05-30-2005, 07:10 PM
I was simply asking because I assumed he has already been sent an S2 IS, seeing as he posted some sample pics already.

Rhys
05-30-2005, 07:16 PM
I was simply asking because I assumed he has already been sent an S2 IS, seeing as he posted some sample pics already.

Ah. Yes. I remember seeing them. I guess he'll review when he can. just be patient. He's a busy guy.

Jeff Keller
05-31-2005, 12:14 AM
Bookmark this page: Recent and Upcoming Reviews (http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/recentupcoming.php)

mianne
06-10-2005, 02:06 PM
One issue I am curious about, having just ordered the S2 from Dell. (They seem to be sold out now BTW) The sample pictures taken: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_s2-review/gallery.shtml when reduced to 800x600 definitely shows some serious moire in the bricks on picture #3. This is not apparent in the full size image.

So I doubt it's an issue with the camera. But I am curious to know what software Jeff used to reduce the photos, and if anyone has any experience in the comparative quality in taking a picture at max resolution and reducing it via software (I use Photoshop) versus starting out with a lower resolution setting on the camera for web use.

Zander
06-10-2005, 03:13 PM
I am curious to know ... if anyone has any experience in the comparative quality in taking a picture at max resolution and reducing it via software (I use Photoshop) versus starting out with a lower resolution setting on the camera for web use.
Ditto. I too am very interested in an answer to this from experienced users. Thanks very much.