PDA

View Full Version : XD Memory Card

Beau82
05-30-2005, 06:37 AM
Hi everyone,

I really hope somebody can help me with this because I don't know a whole lot about it all. I got a Fuji Finepix A310 camera a year and a half ago and it's worked great, up until a couple months ago when the pictures started coming out a little reddish and almost fuzzy. Some will turn out very clear and excellant quality but the others are very poor quality. I haven't changed the settings on the camera but I'm still using the same 16MB card that was in the camera when it was given to me. Would that have anything to do with it? Do memory cards just wear out with too much use? I've taken hundreds of photos with it, close to 900. Please help! I plan on buying a new memory card but I'm wondering if that's all it is or is something wrong with my camera? I can email some photos to show what they look like when they're bad.
Thanks so much for any help! :)

kgosden
05-30-2005, 07:03 AM
There is no way that your problem is the memory card. Yes, they can wear out. The contacts can become worn or damaged and even the internal circuits have a lifespan. However, that is usually in the hundreds of thousands read/write cycles or tens of thousands of card insertion/removal cycles. Besides, bad cards do not cause minor image problems; they either fail completely or end up with a few pictures you cannot ever seem to open or delete.