PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the H1 sticks to tradition?

John_Reed
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm talking about "Purple Fringing" tradition. Here's a blowup of the top of that church in Chinatown from Jeff's gallery, and if you look closely, there's also some sort of "cyan" fringing going on:

TheObiJuan
05-24-2005, 09:15 PM
Pixel peeper.... ;)

That camera doesn't use the CZ lens, hence the appearance of chomatic abberation.
More important than CA should be the softness at 100% (I presume).

John_Reed
05-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Pixel peeper.... ;)

That camera doesn't use the CZ lens, hence the appearance of chomatic abberation.
More important than CA should be the softness at 100% (I presume).It does seem like it, but this PF phenomenon is/was pretty well documented with the Sony 828, hence my allusion to the "tradition." I first got concerned, looking at Jeff's photo, when I looked at the building next door (Embarcadero Center building?) to see more subtle but yet clearly evident examples of both types of CA:

Spadhunter
05-30-2005, 07:57 PM
This may just be hear-say, but someone one on the Sony Talk forum of DPReview.com said that at a trade show the sony guys told him it was a Zeiss lens but they couldn't use the Zeiss name because they messed with the lens for the Optical Stabilization.

Let's wait for production pics to criticize it. :)

Spadhunter
05-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Here's a Japanese site with some photos of the H1. It really looks nice!

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/cda/review/2005/05/24/1460.html

Spadhunter