PDA

View Full Version : Short loans for reviews

nick_the_guy
05-24-2005, 12:19 AM
If some companies aren't willing to give you enough time to properly review camera while giving fair time to other manufacturers, why don't you drop that brand from the review list? DC Resource is one of the most popular review sites on the Internet and it could only hurt a manufacturer to not get a review here.

Jeff Keller
05-24-2005, 11:17 AM
If some companies aren't willing to give you enough time to properly review camera while giving fair time to other manufacturers, why don't you drop that brand from the review list? DC Resource is one of the most popular review sites on the Internet and it could only hurt a manufacturer to not get a review here.

I suppose I could go that route but that's probably not in the best interest of this site. There is a certain manufacturer who doesn't bother working with me so their products no longer get mentioned in the news. You'd think somebody who makes the "official digital camera of the internet" would be more interested in working with one of the largest review sites on it :rolleyes:

Rhys
05-24-2005, 12:14 PM
I suppose I could go that route but that's probably not in the best interest of this site. There is a certain manufacturer who doesn't bother working with me so their products no longer get mentioned in the news. You'd think somebody who makes the "official digital camera of the internet" would be more interested in working with one of the largest review sites on it :rolleyes:

I doubt that company is particularly mainstream anyway so I wouldn't worry about them. I'd say that the 5 megapixel compact I saw on sale in Aldi for $199.99 probably has more class than anything that particular company makes - based on my previous experiences of their shoddy workmanship.

Rex914
05-24-2005, 09:08 PM
If the said company doesn't wish to cooperate with one of the two biggest DC review sites on the Internet, it's really their loss. It really shows how poor the said company's marketing is. It's very little monetary loss on their part and a huge potential gain. They had a great chance to expose potential DSLR owners here to their nice product, but they insisted on not sending you a copy...

nick_the_guy
05-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I work in a small, growing business so I guess that after a while, some companies forget how important it is to have grassroots support. It's a shame that these companies aren't sponsoring you as you've probably made them millions of dollars through your reviews.

Rhys
05-25-2005, 10:44 AM
I work in a small, growing business so I guess that after a while, some companies forget how important it is to have grassroots support. It's a shame that these companies aren't sponsoring you as you've probably made them millions of dollars through your reviews.

Pretty much like Nikon's done with its lack of support for AI and AIS lenses on its cheaper dSLRs.

Warin
05-25-2005, 01:34 PM
Pretty much like Nikon's done with its lack of support for AI and AIS lenses on its cheaper dSLRs.

Just like you can mount any old MF Canon lens on the current crop of entry level Canon DSLR's, right?

You can, cant you?

;)

I dont find it tough to take a shot, look at a histogram, and adjust.

Rhys
05-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Just like you can mount any old MF Canon lens on the current crop of entry level Canon DSLR's, right?

You can, cant you?

;)

I dont find it tough to take a shot, look at a histogram, and adjust.

Yes... you can. Use the Novoflex adaptor and everything works as it would on your old MF camera.

Warin
05-25-2005, 02:25 PM
Back to the topic for a moment..

When said company calls you for the camera, you could say: I'll send it.. soon only not yet. Funny that everyone wants a good review, but they dont seem to want to give you the time to do the review properly.

:D

Rhys: I am not being sarcastic, but I am genuinely curious. I've head the Novoflex adapter for Nikon to EF works great, but that the FD to EF is dodgy at best. Which is prtetty much why I wrote it off as a non starter. Can you point me to a review that gives some quantifiable data? I have access to a great number of FD lenses...

Rhys
05-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Back to the topic for a moment..

When said company calls you for the camera, you could say: I'll send it.. soon only not yet. Funny that everyone wants a good review, but they dont seem to want to give you the time to do the review properly.

:D

Rhys: I am not being sarcastic, but I am genuinely curious. I've head the Novoflex adapter for Nikon to EF works great, but that the FD to EF is dodgy at best. Which is prtetty much why I wrote it off as a non starter. Can you point me to a review that gives some quantifiable data? I have access to a great number of FD lenses...

Hmm. Interestinly, I'm wrong. There is indeed a Nikon to Canon EOS adaptor at 149 euros but not a Canon FD - Canon EOS adaptor.

Check their prices and what's available at http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/preise-englisch.pdf?zoom=100