PDA

View Full Version : new forum

Rhys
05-23-2005, 07:37 AM
How about a pro-photography forum?

Cold Snail
05-23-2005, 08:04 AM
It will turn into "I want be a pro-photographer" forum within hours.

Rex914
05-23-2005, 10:32 PM
We (as in the DSLR people) are in the minority even though we're all the most active members on the site. I don't think he'll go that route. This is still first and foremost a consumer photography site.

nick_the_guy
05-30-2005, 02:26 PM
May I ask why you can't have a pro-photographer forum? I'd love to be able to read the questions and answers that would pop up. Just sticky a thread that describes how the forum would work (honor system: newbies don't post but only read and learn).

This is a well-moderated forum as I don't see any flaming or profanity. It could work.

TheObiJuan
05-30-2005, 02:57 PM
a forum like that on this bb would allow many would-be shooters to learn a lot with a lot less intimidation from going to pro sites like rob galbraith or fredmiranda.

this bb is all about learnin' anyways.

Rhys
05-30-2005, 04:42 PM
a forum like that on this bb would allow many would-be shooters to learn a lot with a lot less intimidation from going to pro sites like rob galbraith or fredmiranda.

this bb is all about learnin' anyways.

That's true. Other forums tend to be a little on the confrontational site.

jamison55
05-31-2005, 10:10 AM
So, how must one prove his/her qualifications for "Pro-dom"...

Rhys
05-31-2005, 10:31 AM
So, how must one prove his/her qualifications for "Pro-dom"...

Hold up his/her Marxist/Capitalist credentials?

Joking aside, It's not about proving anything but rather a discussion by people who take and sell photos either professionally or as a paying hobby.

TheObiJuan
05-31-2005, 02:30 PM
I agree, I am far from a pro, but I make enough selling prints and files to fund my lens addiction. ;)

I would like a place to casually discuss issues and experiences. My experiences can help others and vice versa.