PDA

View Full Version : wich one should i buy???

tomissi
05-05-2005, 08:27 AM
hi everyone, i want to buy a canon powershot s60, wich memory card should i buy, i want a 1gb capacity but i don`t know about brands, models, etc.. :) thx in advance.

aparmley
05-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I'd go with a Sandisk if I were you... But, to share with you an experience, I went with a Transcend 512MB CF card with my Canon A95 because the Sandisk card I wanted on Newegg.com was sold out. The Transcend has operated flawlessly, it has worked great with nearly 4000 pictures shot and transferred on it. It was cheaper than the Sandisk and every bit reliable. I am very happy with it. Never had an Error the transcend is perfect! I would buy another...
hope this helps G/L

tomissi
05-05-2005, 03:01 PM
thank you for your reply aparmley, i read different opinions about the sandisk and was not sure about it, i have the money to buy 1gb sandisk and think iŽll go for it. my question: is it worth to buy a type II cf?? bye. t.

aparmley
05-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Whether or not it is worth it is really up to you and what kind of camera you are going to use. The difference is type II is faster. This is important when your camera has a high MP sensor and also can take 3-5 pictures per second, then a slower card will slow down the transfer rate and thus slowing down the cameras actual picture [frame; fps] taking rate. I don't think it would make much difference unless you are using a DSLR and really need to shoot continuous frames. It also will transfer from your CF card to the computer faster as well. but not so much faster that its going to make or break the deal for ya. Some cameras do not supprt type II so make sure yours can, that may make the decision for you.

tomissi
05-05-2005, 09:21 PM
thx for your response, i donŽt think i need a type II anyway, i was wondering what card to buy (like sandisk, lexar, trascend,..) for a canon s60 and donŽt know if it supports the type II. but im pretty sure that iŽll go for the sandisk 1gb. cheers. tomissi.