PDA

View Full Version : Battery charge status

rafael.luna
04-12-2005, 09:38 AM
Hi, I'm new to photography, I just bought my first camera, based on what I've read in sites like this one I decided to get a powershot A95 and a Maha charger with 8 batteries.

Is there a way to know the batteries charge status from the camera, I don't like to carry the extra batteries, so I want to switch batteries at home when they're close to lose their charge.

I've searched in the manual and the camera's menu with no luck.

Thank you.

Rhys
04-12-2005, 10:44 AM
Hi, I'm new to photography, I just bought my first camera, based on what I've read in sites like this one I decided to get a powershot A95 and a Maha charger with 8 batteries.

Is there a way to know the batteries charge status from the camera, I don't like to carry the extra batteries, so I want to switch batteries at home when they're close to lose their charge.

I've searched in the manual and the camera's menu with no luck.

Thank you.

What's wrong with carrying a set of batteries? I have an old battery bubble from a battery pack I once purchased that I simply reuse. I carry it in my shirt pocket. Here're a couple of photos of it. It's not too hard to carry extra batteries and memory cards!

rafael.luna
04-12-2005, 01:11 PM
What's wrong with carrying a set of batteries? I have an old battery bubble from a battery pack I once purchased that I simply reuse. I carry it in my shirt pocket. Here're a couple of photos of it. It's not too hard to carry extra batteries and memory cards!

Thank you Rhys,

In that case, I better use the battery holders that came with the charger. :)

This answer means is not possible to check the batteries charge from the camera??

Rhys
04-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Thank you Rhys,

In that case, I better use the battery holders that came with the charger. :)

This answer means is not possible to check the batteries charge from the camera??

I know that most will warn of a low charge before they finally die. But... on low charge, I find some don't work so well.

04-12-2005, 01:29 PM
No, its not possible, but from the moment you know about how many pics you can take and how many u will take, you can take the risk of not always briging the batteries with you...

And by the way Rhys, here is an idea of the battery holder than rafael(I presume) and I use:

rafael.luna
04-12-2005, 09:21 PM
No, its not possible, but from the moment you know about how many pics you can take and how many u will take, you can take the risk of not always briging the batteries with you...

And by the way Rhys, here is an idea of the battery holder than rafael(I presume) and I use:

Yes, that's the one I use, Maha sent me 3 of those.

Thank you guys for your help.

Rhys
04-13-2005, 05:09 AM

If you can get them free, they're a bargain. I get mine free with every pack of alkaline batteries (can't use NIMH for everything).

Rhys