PDA

View Full Version : Shell shock

Wombat
04-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Still playing and having enormous fun with macro mode on my Canon A80.

Ap: f/8.0
Exp: 0.4 sec
Cloudy Daylight
Tripod
No adjustments other than slight cropping.

Regards
Wombat

EAP
04-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Very nice! I love the colors.

D70FAN
04-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Still playing and having enormous fun with macro mode on my Canon A80.

Ap: f/8.0
Exp: 0.4 sec
Cloudy Daylight
Tripod
No adjustments other than slight cropping.

Regards
Wombat

Hey! Who ate the pistachios? Now we know that you like brown eggs, escargot, and pistachios...

As with the pistachios before, nice shot.

Bald Eagle
04-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Very nice pic. well done. :)

speaklightly
04-11-2005, 04:12 PM
wombat-

Very well done. I especially liked the color pallette used.

Sarah Joyce

Thalas'shaya
04-12-2005, 08:41 AM
love the composition. :) nice pic!

Wombat
04-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Thank you for the kind and gentle remarks - it gives an beginner much confidence. Oddly enough I was not all that happy with the composition - something I have to learn a lot more about. Think I may repeat the shot with less clutter i.e. less objects and no sand. Perhaps less IS more?

The snails were not the edible kind but some winter fatalities found in the garden and all grist for the photographic mill.

Interestingly I am finding that photography is influencing the way I look at everything - I keep looking for shapes, colour arrangements, patterns and the quality of light even when I haven't a camera to hand.

Regards
Wombat

D70FAN
04-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Thank you for the kind and gentle remarks - it gives an beginner much confidence. Oddly enough I was not all that happy with the composition - something I have to learn a lot more about. Think I may repeat the shot with less clutter i.e. less objects and no sand. Perhaps less IS more?

The snails were not the edible kind but some winter fatalities found in the garden and all grist for the photographic mill.

Interestingly I am finding that photography is influencing the way I look at everything - I keep looking for shapes, colour arrangements, patterns and the quality of light even when I haven't a camera to hand.

Regards
Wombat

Actually you had a really good mix to give the shot enough variety to make it interesting.

You'd be surprised at how many garden variety snails end up on the snack tray.

It gets worse, and therapy doesn't help. Eventually you will be lead down the path from the darkness to the light (dSLR) and it just gets goes down hill from there...