PDA

View Full Version : Duck and seagull

Ali_baba
04-11-2005, 05:35 AM
http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~muamshai/sample/P4.jpg

The above photo is not dark. Actually the weather was overcast.

http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~muamshai/sample/P5.jpg

All suggestions are welcome :)

speaklightly
04-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Ali-

The photos are excellent. Could you please share with us the camera, the settings, and the location. Many thanks.

Sarah Joyce

Ali_baba
04-11-2005, 08:35 AM
Hello Sarah

First my name is not Ali (real name I mean). It was an inspiration from a persian Character. :)

Now comming to your question. I am feeling proud that I got an appericiation from a professional photographer :)

The camera I have used is Olympus C-765

Location was in Helsinki and this park was near my home.

First Photo

F-number: F/7.1
Shutter : 1/50 Sec
Exposure : 0
Aperture priority

The weather was overcast and very cold.

Second Photo

F-number:F/4
Shutter : 1/320 sec
Exposure : 0
Aperture Priority

these photos are taken with full zoom. I was quite careful in first photo because duck was with duckling and she was keeping an eye on me :)

Norm in Fujino
04-11-2005, 09:52 AM

I like the first shot especially. The C-7xx series has really nice image quality. Although the day was overcast, I think you might increase the contrast or local lightening around the head of the duck, just to enhance it a bit. It would keep it from appearing buried in the darker background.

D70FAN
04-11-2005, 10:10 AM

So, a duck and a seagull walk into this bar... oops wrong story.

I agree with the crew. The duck shot is very nice, especially for an overcast day at full zoom 1/50 sec. The seagull was a bit too far away, and it looks like the primary focus was in the foreground.

Keep sending those pictures from way up North. Since I seem to always be promoting the lighthouse thread, I would certainly like to see any lighthouse shots from Finland posted on the lighthouse thread (with some information on the place and the camera of course). Thanks.