PDA

View Full Version : Playing with the Police Car

kornhauser
04-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Had to work all last night and thought about shooting this at dusk. My 2003 unmarked Chevrolet Impala. Started from a stopped position and then backed it out of the shot. I'm going to work on improving it, but thought it came out okay for a first shot.

Nikon 8800 at ISO 100, f-8.0 at 8 seconds.

Thinking maybe about firing a remote flash to light up the car and maybe a longer exposure next time. Blue light pattern pretty cool though! The white bursts in the yellow parking lights are the corner strobes.

D70FAN
04-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Had to work all last night and thought about shooting this at dusk. My 2003 unmarked Chevrolet Impala. Started from a stopped position and then backed it out of the shot. I'm going to work on improving it, but thought it came out okay for a first shot.

Thinking maybe about firing a remote flash to light up the car and maybe a longer exposure next time. Blue light pattern pretty cool though! The white bursts in the yellow parking lights are the corner strobes.

Good shot. Very cool stepping. I think adding the car (with end flash) would kill the mystery.

JTL
04-10-2005, 10:32 PM

Thinking maybe about firing a remote flash to light up the car and maybe a longer exposure next time. Blue light pattern pretty cool though! The white bursts in the yellow parking lights are the corner strobes.Looks like a "close encounter"! Very cool shot...

speaklightly
04-11-2005, 08:59 AM
I don't know, George-

I would like to see a shot with an ending flash. Only when we could compare the two shots would we know for sure.

My thought was this: The shot as we see it is well done. However, we had some needed explanation to appreciate the shot. If there was no explanation our reaction might have differed. Therefore the ending flash could serve to offer a visual explanation. Just a thought.

Sarah Joyce

kornhauser
04-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Okay, the car was parked near the tripod, then I backed out of the frame.

I thought it would have been better to fire a flash while the car was parked from the first location, rather than firing it at the end. More thinking the results would make the picture seem that the police car rolled up on the camera, rather than backing away.

Thoughts?