PDA

View Full Version : Rebel XT Petunia image

Bluedog
04-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Using the Kit lens shot @ 55mm Tv 1/80 Av 9.0 ISO 400 RAW. As others have said this lens has its limitations but can produce some pretty decent results I think.

http://img142.exs.cx/img142/3028/img0366copy3gy.jpg

TheObiJuan
04-10-2005, 12:33 PM
very pretty, but soft. ;)
and the background blur is distracting.

hehe, sorry, I had to get that out.:D
so, when are you going to take some non flower shots? Go venture into the public and snap some people shots, or some landscapes, don't you live in New Orleans? Plenty of pretty scenes there, aren't there?

edit: you live near new orleans...
also, have you done any lowlight photography yet? I was amazed with my camera.

speaklightly
04-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Bluedog-

A very nice petunia photo. Keeping the background filled with foilage can be challenging with macros. Nice Canon Colors.

Sarah Joyce

Bluedog
04-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Thanks ... LOL @ Juan, my work schedule keeps me tied down right now so not much venturing off and I actually live 2 hours from New Orleans. I have some fairly decent photos taken with an Olympus PS that I'll dig up in a bit of New Orleans.

TheObiJuan
04-10-2005, 04:57 PM
I was just driving on the highway and saw a photog with some brown paper with holes cut in it. He would put the flower (bluebonnet) in the whole and take a pic. I pulled over and asked what he was doing, he said he was isolating the flower from the background. He showed me the pics and they looked great! The other flowers were nowhere to be found, and the background blur took care of the paper. I think it was butcher paper or something like that. He gave me a 4ft sheet and told me to try it some time. I sure will!