PDA

View Full Version : Ladybugs

BlueGrassGirl
04-04-2005, 04:21 PM
Here is a photo of a ladybug... I've been practicing with my Kodak Dx6490. I know these are less than professional but its fun for me... :)

auto mode, handheld, flash, macro mode, F3.2, focal length 11.1 mm, ISO 100

Bald Eagle
04-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Very nice pic of a Ladybug. My pictures have really improved since i started using a tripod. I also just bought a remote shutter release cable, Works wonders for me.

speaklightly
04-04-2005, 06:51 PM
That's a great photo.

Sarah Joyce

ricekiller2003
04-04-2005, 11:22 PM
Very nice pic of a Ladybug. My pictures have really improved since i started using a tripod. I also just bought a remote shutter release cable, Works wonders for me.

Does the shutter release cable work with any camera? Or just the professional SLR's?

Digideb
04-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Very nice pic & cute,too! I haven't seen any Ladybugs, yet this year. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to "capture" one soon. ;)
Thanks for your nice comments, BlueGrassGirl, over on my "Garden" thread. Looks like we both like to play in the garden with our cameras. :)
I have a suggestion for your tripod use. I don't have an option for a shutter release cable, but I use my shutter release timer feature. It seems to work fine for still subjects. Just having the tripod will help steady the camera when you push the shutter button by hand.
For fleeting moments, like Ladybugs, I usually rely on the steadiness of my hand & I take lots of shots, then I almost always get a few "keepers". Looks like you got a nice shot of that Ladybug, tripod or not. :)

D70FAN
04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Very nice pic & cute,too! I haven't seen any Ladybugs, yet this year. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to "capture" one soon. ;)
Thanks for your nice comments, BlueGrassGirl, over on my "Garden" thread. Looks like we both like to play in the garden with our cameras. :)
I have a suggestion for your tripod use. I don't have an option for a shutter release cable, but I use my shutter release timer feature. It seems to work fine for still subjects. Just having the tripod will help steady the camera when you push the shutter button by hand.
For fleeting moments, like Ladybugs, I usually rely on the steadiness of my hand & I take lots of shots, then I almost always get a few "keepers". Looks like you got a nice shot of that Ladybug, tripod or not. :)

Digideb, Have you had a chance to get over to Point Arena? We are waiting for, what we know will be a terrific shot, of that lighthouse. We are getting quite a collection. :)

EAP
04-05-2005, 02:13 PM
George, you're too funny. Is there a certain compulsion to see this particular lighthouse? Or are you just hoping Digideb has had a chance to get out during some good weather and take some more good photos? :D

For George, and others who can't wait to see Digideb's forthcoming (presumably!) photos of the Pt. Arena Lighthouse, here's a link to some photos:

http://www.pointarenalighthouse.com/about.html

Digideb
04-06-2005, 10:21 AM
Digideb, Have you had a chance to get over to Point Arena? We are waiting for, what we know will be a terrific shot, of that lighthouse. We are getting quite a collection. :)
No, I haven't made it up to Pt. Arena yet, darn it & I'm anxious to participate in your Lighthouse thread. I may get up there later this week, but some light rain is expected.
Unfortunately, my work,etc. takes me in the opposite direction so I have to plan a special trip up there. I should make it up there soon, so don't give up on me. :)

D70FAN
04-06-2005, 12:29 PM
No, I haven't made it up to Pt. Arena yet, darn it & I'm anxious to participate in your Lighthouse thread. I may get up there later this week, but some light rain is expected.
Unfortunately, my work,etc. takes me in the opposite direction so I have to plan a special trip up there. I should make it up there soon, so don't give up on me. :)

Consider yourself on deadline... ;) Once summer hits the light gets fogged in frequently.

Only kidding. Thanks for being our remote on the North Coast. With our remote in Bandon, OR resigning (but our thanks for the lighthouse shot Sarah), we may need you to cover up-to Crescent City. :D

I have all of the desert lighthouses covered... :rolleyes:

Digideb
04-06-2005, 01:05 PM
Consider yourself on deadline... ;) Once summer hits the light gets fogged in frequently.

Only kidding. Thanks for being our remote on the North Coast. With our remote in Bandon, OR resigning (but our thanks for the lighthouse shot Sarah), we may need you to cover up-to Crescent City. :D

I have all of the desert lighthouses covered... :rolleyes:
You're right! Once summer hits, the Point will be either shrouded in fog or blasting in hurricane force winds.
I would be honored to be your "North coast remote", but I'm wondering why Sarah (Speaklightly?) is resigning? Where is she going? She was one of the 1st to give me encouragement when I was a new member,here.
Well, when I post a pic of the Point Arena lighthouse, you have to post one of an Arizona lighthouse. :D Tee hee!

BlueGrassGirl
04-06-2005, 02:15 PM

Thanks..but I dont have a garden..that was a part of my back yard. We have ladybugs everywhere..even inside...those bugs are everywhere in spring and summer in this part of KY.

D70FAN
04-06-2005, 04:54 PM
George, you're too funny. Is there a certain compulsion to see this particular lighthouse? Or are you just hoping Digideb has had a chance to get out during some good weather and take some more good photos? :D

For George, and others who can't wait to see Digideb's forthcoming (presumably!) photos of the Pt. Arena Lighthouse, here's a link to some photos:

http://www.pointarenalighthouse.com/about.html

Digideb sort-of committed to the Point Arena shot when we first started the lighthouse thread, and it's just a little freindly jostling. I know how hard it is to drive up 1 even in good weather. When you look up "the middle of nowhere" in the dictionary, Point Arena is on the list (although it is really a nice middle of nowhere).

I've been to Point Arena light several times (even when it was manned), but for some reason never took a picture. Probably because it was part of my job at the time. It is a major landmark for those at sea and ex-Coasties who were, and still are, on search and rescue crews know it well (although the Bodega Bay and San Francisco stations took care of most of the calls up there). Also being a lightkeeper for about a year at Point Pinos, CA has a way of making it somewhat personal. So it's not so much a compulsion as it is nostalgia.

The whole idea with the Lighthouse thread is to get some personal live shots, which are typically more interesting than tourist shots on-line. I have visited most of the on-line lighthouse links, and try to visit them (and now take pictures) when I'm in the area.

If you have been up to the Lighthouse thread in the Photos board there are some pretty well known and not so well known lights.

Well, OK, maybe I'm a little OC. ;)

EAP
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Digideb sort-of committed to the Point Arena shot when we first started the lighthouse thread, and it's just a little freindly jostling. I know how hard it is to drive up 1 even in good weather. When you look up "the middle of nowhere" in the dictionary, Point Arena is on the list (although it is really a nice middle of nowhere)

Ahhhhhhhh, I missed that on the thread. Now it all makes sense to me. :)

EAP
04-06-2005, 09:41 PM
The whole idea with the Lighthouse thread is to get some personal live shots, which are typically more interesting than tourist shots on-line.

Oh yes, of course. I agree totally. I've really enjoyed Digideb's garden photos and look forward to seeing more of her work!

Digideb
04-08-2005, 12:09 PM
I enjoyed the teasing & thanks for the nice words & encouragment. :) Last night, I only had a few mins. but finally got a pic of the Pt. Arena lighthouse posted on George's thread.
I thought I'd come back & "play" a bit more this morning.

gary_hendricks
04-09-2005, 10:07 PM
:) That's a good photo, it's all supposed to be fun anyway too, right?

sbnr
04-26-2005, 02:21 AM
I took these pix in the Spring of 2004 with an HP 945 Photosmart.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/snbr21/lady1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/snbr21/lady2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/snbr21/lady3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/snbr21/lady4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/snbr21/lady5.jpg