PDA

View Full Version : SD500 EMS pics from work today

SamuraiJack
04-03-2005, 10:02 PM
I originally posted this under my macro flower thread, but it's not getting much attention anymore. Here are a few pics I took today at work. I love carrying my SD500 around in my pocket. Never know when you might get a cool shot. The pictures of the truck were from a wreck. The guy was drunk, on drugs, and actually ran off just as we got there. The police chased him down though and put him in handcuffs, so we never transported him to the hospital. The pictures are uncropped and pretty much straight from the camera.

http://imageevent.com/cartoonnerd/emspictures

I'm still figuring this camera out. I wish I knew what shutter speed it was going to use every time. It seems to change even though I have it in manual mode. Anyone wanna give me some help on this? I'm really liking this camera, but would like to know a little more about it's settings.

Wes

speaklightly
04-04-2005, 06:44 AM
Wes-

Those are wonderful photos. Its nice to have some insight into everyday scenes, be they at work, around town, or with the family.

Sarah Joyce

SamuraiJack
04-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Sarah,

Thank you for the comments. I always enjoy seeing your pictures as well.

Wes

foaf
04-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Really like those pictures - different from the norm. Was really impressed with the indoor ambulance shot. Much less noise in the dark area's than I expected.

SamuraiJack
04-04-2005, 01:22 PM
foaf

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you on the indoor shot. People have been saying that the SD500 performs very poorly in low light situations, so far however I haven't found that to be the case. I'll be sure to let you guys know when I post more pictures. I'm working on a wallpaper picture that I hope to post soon. Again, thanks for the comments.

Wes

SamuraiJack
04-04-2005, 06:21 PM
I could be mistaken but I'm almost positive someone else posted a picture of a boating trip in this thread. Am I spacing out or what?

Wes

EAP
04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
I could be mistaken but I'm almost positive someone else posted a picture of a boating trip in this thread. Am I spacing out or what?

Wes

Nope, that was me. Seemed nobody was viewing it, so I moved it to it's own thread (toy boats). :)

SamuraiJack
04-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Ok gotcha...