PDA

View Full Version : Press release photos

ProblemSolver
04-03-2005, 03:05 AM
Hi Jeff,

I was wondering where you get those press release camera photos from? I'd surely like to get myself some of those ;)

gary_hendricks
04-03-2005, 05:05 AM
I think you probably need to get them from the manufacturer themselves, e.g. Canon and Nikon?

Jeff Keller
04-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Gary speaks the truth. I get them from the manufacturer's PR people.

ProblemSolver
05-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Gary speaks the truth. I get them from the manufacturer's PR people.

Hi Jeff,

I might put some Canon camera press release pictures on my website and they can be viewed by everyone. Must I get permission from Canon before I can put them on?

Rex914
05-21-2005, 10:30 AM
You must setup formal relations with Canon (via a request for a press kit). It's free, but they review your credentials before coming to a decision. You do need a substantial website or publication up and running before they say "yes."

Jeff Keller
05-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Hi Jeff,

I might put some Canon camera press release pictures on my website and they can be viewed by everyone. Must I get permission from Canon before I can put them on?

If you can get ahold of them, I don't see why you'd need their permission to put them online.

ProblemSolver
06-02-2005, 01:29 AM
You must setup formal relations with Canon (via a request for a press kit). It's free, but they review your credentials before coming to a decision. You do need a substantial website or publication up and running before they say "yes."

If you can get ahold of them, I don't see why you'd need their permission to put them online.

So in order to get the camera press release images; I need to ask Canon for them, give them my credentials and show them my website? I'm a little confused :confused:

Thanks in advanced

Jeff Keller
06-02-2005, 11:00 AM
So in order to get the camera press release images; I need to ask Canon for them, give them my credentials and show them my website? I'm a little confused :confused:

Thanks in advanced

Yeah that's pretty much it... you may be able to pull down one image from their site but for more you need to get in touch with their PR people.

ProblemSolver
06-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah that's pretty much it... you may be able to pull down one image from their site but for more you need to get in touch with their PR people.

Thanks Jeff :) . There seem to be 2 Canon sites - canon.com and usa.canon.com - which one do I ask?

Jeff Keller
06-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks Jeff :) . There seem to be 2 Canon sites - canon.com and usa.canon.com - which one do I ask?

Try www.canonusapressroom.com