PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on DigitalVisions cards?

Jewls
04-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Just got a Canon Powershot S1 IS. Bought a DigtalVisions Professional High Speed 512 memory card.
Can't find any info on this forum about this card.
Just wanting to find out if I got a good one. Anyone know anything about it?
Thanks!

betcheve
04-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Hello. I bought that same card from butteryflyphoto.com with my Canon G6. I haven't been able to find any information on it or the DigitalVisions company. But, I have been using it for about a week now and it hasn't given me any problems. The salesman told me it was an 80x. The most I have seen advertised is 45x, so maybe he was just making it up. I have also been searching for more info., so I could compare it to other cards and buy another one.

mvjames
05-11-2005, 12:48 PM
I also purchased a digital camera (Olypmus EVolt E-300) thru ButterFlyPhoto.com. They offered me a high speed CompactFlash purchase at supposedly "half price" because I was a first time buyer with them. :confused: Price seemed to be comparable. So I went for it. Buyer beware.

After recieving the package, it looks like "DigitalVisions Professional" or "DigitalFilm" are just trademarks. Not sure who if I can belive the "5-year warranty" on the package if there is no address/phone/company on the package or card. The card itself is from PQI Corporation (http://www.pqimemory.com/), a Taiwan/Honk Kong company. I would treat the DigitalVisions as a re-brand or generic.

In my case I was sent a PQI High-Speed 40x CompactFlash card. :o PQI makes CompactFlash in Standard, 24x, 40x, 60x, 100x speeds. Secure Digital cards in Standard, 45x, 60x speeds. Except for the standard speed all the other speeds are preceded by "High-speed".

SKYLINENET
01-26-2006, 11:06 AM
I also was sold a DigitalVisions/DigitalFilm "professional High Speed" 512MB SD Memory Card. My searching for something about it led to these entries. Frankly, the price was not that good and I ended up resenting the delay of my order until the salesperson at Butteryfly Photo :( could run his rap. When I asked him (twice) the name brand on the card and he slurred the pronunciation to the point I could not understand him, I agreed just to get my order shipped. I will present feedback to various input sources about their undesirable business practices and will likely have more to say when I return this card.
A clear case of caveat emptor (let the buyer beware) and without a warranty the buyer takes the risk. No address or phone number or even website makes any warranty statement mere vapor.

JTL
01-26-2006, 01:29 PM
All you had to do was check reseller-ratings.com first and you would not have bought from Butterfly...when will people learn...

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller4576.html