PDA

View Full Version : Perpetual cat photo thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

print-digital
03-26-2005, 01:09 AM
This was taken with a Kodak DX4530 - in its extreme close up mode. Its been cropped, resized and saved at 95% to keep it well under 100KB, so his face has come out a little blurry and out of focus in the picture :(

http://www.print-digital.info/nookie.jpg

carbine
03-26-2005, 04:51 AM
:) This cat is 1 of 3 we have and she has to be the dopiest cat i have ever seen i mean if she is sleeping and you pick her up and move here she just goes back to sleep without moving :)

http://img240.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img240&image=sasy9vu.jpg

edit Camera is EOS 20D lens EFS 18-55.

gary_hendricks
03-26-2005, 05:01 AM
Lovely shot. I like her eyes...

sherlock
03-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Hey,

What a cute cat! :p Great shot.

Andrew S.

jewallace
03-31-2005, 07:44 PM
I don't think think the blur or focus issue is an issue. The fur is soft which I like. Very sharp portraits are murder on the subjects, every facial hair, zit and wrinkle is perfect! (not good). I soften portraits by stretching panty hose over the lens hood. Works better than any filter I have tried.

Bald Eagle
03-31-2005, 07:53 PM
very nice photo of the cat. I agree, the soft look is better for this shot. The pantyhose idea is a good one. Now, you did say it goes over the hood and not the cat, Right? ;)

jewallace
03-31-2005, 08:30 PM
INMHO, most folks want to see themselves as how they think they look, not how they really look. If you want to try it, take a technically "perfect" photo of your wife/ girlfriend/ significant other with everything in perfect focus and then another with the panty hose stretched over the lens hood. 9 times out of 10, the first one gets deleted, unless they are a dog or cat. I find it much safer to photograph my dogs/dragons/snakes/birds than my wife. Everyone is much happier :)

BlueGrassGirl
04-01-2005, 08:10 AM
I absolutely love cats and cat photos. I have one cat ( but he lives with my parents right now). I'll post some photos when I get a chance to take some with my new digi cam.

Here is an old pic of him taken with a really old digi cam- a Polaroid PDC 640

SamuraiJack
04-01-2005, 09:01 AM
Here is an extreme closeup of my cat taken with my new SD500 in macro mode.

Wes

WightWalker
04-02-2005, 02:33 AM
Shot using the 'kit lens' on a Pentax *istDS

BlueGrassGirl
04-02-2005, 07:55 AM
All of the cat photos are gorgeous!!!!

Dimitri
04-02-2005, 12:28 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/sdlemire/kitty.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/sdlemire/Ecstasy.jpg

kornhauser
04-02-2005, 01:44 PM
Ugh! Enough cats already! People are going to start thinking us camera junkies are a bunch of pussy cats!

This isn't my favorite picture, but maybe it'll break the link!

Cozmo the Rottweiler and Alex the German Sheperd.

JTL
04-02-2005, 01:55 PM
Cozmo the Rottweiler and Alex the German Sheperd.It looks like they're relaxing after their cat-salad lunch! :D Well, here's their afternoon snack...

Canon SD500 - ISO 50, f/13, 1/60 sec
http://JTL.smugmug.com/photos/18309979-L.jpg

Cold Snail
04-02-2005, 01:59 PM
My friend's cat Ginny, taken with a Kodak DX6490 using what light was in the room.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v45/coldsnail/ginny.jpg

ricekiller2003
04-02-2005, 10:35 PM
These were taken with a mere Kodak Easyshare Cx7530 with the ISO bumped a notch.

Ralston:
http://thickstunalex.smugmug.com/photos/18677432-L.jpg

Baxter...after a 15 hour nap:
http://thickstunalex.smugmug.com/photos/18677436-L.jpg

She looks like a lioness :eek:

ricekiller2003
04-02-2005, 10:38 PM
If you liked the ones above, I'll simply blow you away with this amazing picture...I consider it my greatest work ever! :D

http://thickstunalex.smugmug.com/photos/18677441-L.jpg

Wombat
04-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi

Just had to add this photo as my white cat. He looked just like your white kitty when he was younger and much naughtier - at first glance I thought it was him. I am not sure whether I should have added the soft focus edit but the colours seemed to be taking over the shot. Both cats are stone deaf so attempting to attract their attention whilst shooting is almost impossible. I just go with the flow and follow their lead.

Does anyone have any ideas of improving pictures of white animals that obviously lack much natural contrast. Flash seems to make things worse. I experience that same problems with the few swan photos I have taken.

Thanks
Wombat
PS comments for this novice very much appreciated

PPS Sorry the image is "shouting" I am not sure why it is so large - so much to learn.

PPPS Think I have got the image size sorted now - Doh.

BlueGrassGirl
04-03-2005, 04:48 PM
Wombat, that photo is soo cute...I love it!!! I love the soft look too...how do you do that?

Here is another cat photo. My neighbors cat..,taken last year with a very cheap 2mp concord eyeQ digital camera.

Wombat
04-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Hi Bluegrassgirl

I used the soft focus edit on Picasa2 - free editing software that can be downloaded from the net.

I am pleased you enjoyed the photo and thanks for your photo. So many white cats about ;-)

Regards
Wombat

ReF
04-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Ugh! Enough cats already! People are going to start thinking us camera junkies are a bunch of pussy cats!

I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE JUST KIDDING AROUND. I'M NOT SURE WHY, AND I DON'T MEAN TO INSULT ANYBODY BUT FOR SOME REASON A LOT OF THE DOG LOVERS I'VE MET(NOT ALL) HAVE THAT PUSHY "MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS" ATTITUDE. I'M PRETTY SURE YOU WON'T FIND SOMEONE PURPOSELY STICKING THEIR CAT PICTURES IN A DOG PIC THREAD.

ricekiller2003
04-04-2005, 03:17 AM
I REALLY HOPE YOU ARE JUST KIDDING AROUND. I'M NOT SURE WHY, AND I DON'T MEAN TO INSULT ANYBODY BUT FOR SOME REASON A LOT OF THE DOG LOVERS I'VE MET(NOT ALL) HAVE THAT PUSHY "MINE IS BIGGER THAN YOURS" ATTITUDE. I'M PRETTY SURE YOU WON'T FIND SOMEONE PURPOSELY STICKING THEIR CAT PICTURES IN A DOG PIC THREAD.

Those dogs are no match for my Muscovy Duck :D

http://thickstunalex.smugmug.com/photos/18767583-L.jpg
though if I claimed it mine, the apartment complex might wonder why one of their ducks are missing...

ReF
04-04-2005, 09:53 PM
wow, cool looking duck! :eek:

EAP
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM

If you don't want to look at cat photos, why are you looking at this thread? Its title is pretty self-explanatory....

ricekiller2003
04-04-2005, 10:18 PM
wow, cool looking duck! :eek:

I have an SD500 on the way :D , I'll bring much cooler pictures of these little guys I promise! Maybe we can make it a sticky as a 'Muscovy Duck' thread, and everyone can post their favorite Muscovy...or not :)

ricekiller2003
04-09-2005, 07:20 PM
:D

http://thickstunalex.smugmug.com/photos/19292119-L.jpg

http://thickstunalex.smugmug.com/photos/19292122-L.jpg

ricekiller2003
04-09-2005, 07:21 PM
http://thickstunalex.smugmug.com/photos/19292115-L.jpg

Q B@LL
04-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Callie
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/scubaq/Callie.jpg

Cloe
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/scubaq/Cloe.jpg

Colby
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/scubaq/Colby.jpg

BlueGrassGirl
04-11-2005, 08:10 PM
here's my cat simba
kodak dx6490 taken inside at night...

Norm in Fujino
04-14-2005, 06:09 AM
I took this a couple of years ago, Annie and Spiffy in my office chair.

http://www2.gol.com/users/nhavens/resource/spoonin.jpg

print-digital
04-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Great photo Norm in Fujino :)

JTL
04-18-2005, 11:49 AM
I know, I know...I've posted this picture before...but not on the world famous Perpetual Cat Thread! :D

Here is Jane...my Dog Peggy's pet cat...
http://JTL.smugmug.com/photos/18309298-L.jpg

Geoff Chandler
04-19-2005, 11:14 AM
OOH - I haven't posted here yet!!
Soon fix that!
This is Oliver - it's not a fantastic pic but shows him as he is.
Maybe I'll get a good one sometime and post it if the thread is still running...

Norm in Fujino
04-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Great photo Norm in Fujino :)
Thanks, P-D! <nm>

hg999uk
04-20-2005, 05:54 AM
Here are my 2 cats Sam ( the Ginger one) and Sprog who have now reach their old age being 20 and 19.

HG

PS Could some one tell me how you put the actual picture in a post rather than a link, Ta.

Norm in Fujino
04-20-2005, 06:18 AM
Here are my 2 cats Sam ( the Ginger one) and Sprog who have now reach their old age being 20 and 19.

HG

PS Could some one tell me how you put the actual picture in a post rather than a link, Ta.

You have to upload the photo to your own website or photo hosting service first, then when you have the photo's website address (url), you simply place it between IMG tags (each in square brackets) like this:

URL

Thalas'shaya
04-20-2005, 06:49 AM
hg, i like the composition of the "sam" shot. i like that fan of leaves behind him, and his pose, peeking around the tall plant.

Geoff Chandler
04-20-2005, 02:45 PM
Olivers back!
This time taken with the A-200; 1/10th sec +Anti Shake indoors; F3.2 100ASA
Had to take a picture of him (Wednesday) for my Daughter to put in a frame.

Wombat
04-21-2005, 05:12 AM
My apologies for posting two shots - don't want to be greedy. Not very good photos but this is one very silly cat. He actually fell of the arm of the chair into this position and being a really laid back cat couldn't see any reason to move.

Regards
Wombat

Norm in Fujino
04-21-2005, 05:44 AM
He actually fell of the arm of the chair into this position and being a really laid back cat couldn't see any reason to move.

Nice one, Wombat!

gary_hendricks
04-21-2005, 05:55 AM
Geoff, love those green eyes ....

Geoff Chandler
04-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Geoff, love those green eyes ....
What? - These??

Maddox
04-27-2005, 06:48 AM
Nikon Coolpix 775 caught this calm cat, with a little help from me :D

http://medlem.spray.se/photos/cpg132/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=0

MJ

Thalas'shaya
04-27-2005, 07:02 AM
maddox, what breed cat is that? it looks rather like a norwegian forest cat...

Maddox
04-27-2005, 07:05 AM
It is, or he was a norweigan forest cat. A great cat! Calm, cozy and beautiful.

MJ

Sven
04-27-2005, 05:52 PM
not really a quality photo or anything but i thought it was kind of amusing.

farqwar
04-28-2005, 07:50 AM
my kittah, this pic happened so fast. My apologies for the exposure.

SOD
04-28-2005, 08:16 AM
To hunt or not to hunt

Jredtugboat
04-28-2005, 08:13 PM
Hi Gang,

I've been really enjoying the photos posted up here and the commentary on our feline friends.

This is Leopold, 15 years old, recently deposed by newcomer Frederick, whom is loved by all and overfed to match. But I still think he's pretty grand.

Help! Do I need to crop this photo? Play with it in Photoshop? Any and all criticism welcome.

Thanks!

edit: this was handheld, no flash; 0.5sec @f2. Canon G2. It could be a bit sharper, but my hands aren't the steadiest... :)

Geoff Chandler
04-30-2005, 02:48 AM
Hi Gang,

/ / / / / / / / /
Help! Do I need to crop this photo? Play with it in Photoshop? Any and all criticism welcome.

Thanks!

edit: this was handheld, no flash; 0.5sec @f2. Canon G2. It could be a bit sharper, but my hands aren't the steadiest... :)
I think you did amazingly well with such a slow shutter speed - I did one like that recently and deleted it imediatly!! (Obviously no where near as good as yours).
Well - it never hurts to have a go in your graphic package - as longas you save your new copy with a new name ( I often stick a 'B' after the file name - then you can switch between both copies to see which you prefer. This pic was using existing lighting - and I assume there was some kind of tungsten light on nearby - you might try to reduce the yellowing effect a little - depending on your graphics program...
Nice one anyway - please post soem more pics sometime soon
Geoff

Jredtugboat
04-30-2005, 08:41 PM
I think you did amazingly well with such a slow shutter speed - I did one like that recently and deleted it imediatly!! (Obviously no where near as good as yours).
Well - it never hurts to have a go in your graphic package - as longas you save your new copy with a new name ( I often stick a 'B' after the file name - then you can switch between both copies to see which you prefer. This pic was using existing lighting - and I assume there was some kind of tungsten light on nearby - you might try to reduce the yellowing effect a little - depending on your graphics program...
Nice one anyway - please post soem more pics sometime soon
Geoff

Hi Geoff,

I've recently gotten my hands on Adobe CS, so we'll see what I can do. Thanks for the file naming tip, by the way; I'll be sure to follow some sort of commonsense convention.

All the light nearby was electronically-ballasted flourescent. My white balance was set at 'auto', as was the ISO. (I'll check the EXIF data to be sure.)

Thanks for the compliment on the hand-holding...it's a little soft, but considering how shaky I normally am (I live on coffee at times) I'm surprised that Leopold's face came out so well. I was using the camera strap as a brace and the cat held still just long enough (what is it about cats that constantly frustrates so many candid pics? It's like they KNOW what's about to happen, and twitch just to spite you!).

I'd love to post some more stuff...we'll see if I can open up my 'portfolio' disk and I'd like to hear more of your analysis...

Thanks again,

yours,

Julian

Geoff Chandler
05-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Julian,

Thanks for the kind comments - I'm no expert but I love to dabble - Here's a quick PP attempt in Photoshop at work- you will be able to do a much better job with Adobe! I didn't go too far as I haven't seen your cat in the flesh (Fur!).
Looking forward to other pics from your portfolio
Take care
Geoff

Jredtugboat
05-02-2005, 05:10 PM
Julian,

Thanks for the kind comments - I'm no expert but I love to dabble - Here's a quick PP attempt in Photoshop at work- you will be able to do a much better job with Adobe! I didn't go too far as I haven't seen your cat in the flesh (Fur!).
Looking forward to other pics from your portfolio
Take care
Geoff

Thanks Geoff,

I haven't had a chance to play with the image yet...to be honest the sheer number of possible ways to adjust my image in CS is somewhat daunting!

I've actually found some of that portfolio stuff, and to my surprise, the stuff actually opens up! So I'll see about getting it up there; if I can resize it all, that is...

Looking forward to your critique,

yours,

Julian

Geoff Chandler
05-02-2005, 10:22 PM
Looking forward to your photos.
Meanwhile I'm posting one, more for fun than quality.
It's Oliver last year - lighting wasn't brilliant & I had to brighten the image a little. So it's not too sharp - but it was an amusing moment captured...
Kind regards
Geoff

stonehill
05-03-2005, 09:01 AM
first photos w/50mm1.8 lense. No post processing done yet. Just a crop

John_Reed
05-03-2005, 09:55 AM
first photos w/50mm1.8 lense. No post processing done yet. Just a cropNice play of lines in the photo, and the cat adds a lot, of course. Well done!

stonehill
05-03-2005, 10:45 AM
Thanks John. Do you think I should clone out the twig?

Thalas'shaya
05-03-2005, 11:46 AM
i'll hazard a reply to the twig question. :) i think if you can get rid of the twig without harming the photo, you should. the twig is visually distracting, as your eye follows the line of the cat's body up to its head, your eye is drawn away just before you get to the cat's face by the curlicue twig. just my 2 cents...

Geoff Chandler
05-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks John. Do you think I should clone out the twig?
Firstly - I agree with John - the picture came out great!
Secondly - yep a quick (and I mean quick) flick of the clone and a merest bit of USM produced this in Serif.
Whats the camera ??
Geoff

stonehill
05-03-2005, 01:15 PM
Wow! That looks much better. It would have taken me a long time to clone it out. The camera is the Canon XT. !SO 800 f/6.3 w/the 50mm 1.8 lense.

Here are two more. Which do you guys think is the best of the three?

emalvick
05-03-2005, 01:27 PM
I like the first one... The cat looks more intimidating that way, which I find cool with the setting.

-Erik

Thalas'shaya
05-03-2005, 01:36 PM
i like the first one better. the diagonal line of the cat makes a nice criss-cross with the beams and it's visually appealing. he also seems to be looking directly into the lens, which gets more "personality" into the shot.

HeliCam
05-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi all,
First post here, I am a rank beginner just purchased a Rebel XT and I think this was the third picture taken - so go easy. Learning a lot from this forum, but have a long ways to go.

Robin
Newbie in KS

Jredtugboat
05-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Hi all,
First post here, I am a rank beginner just purchased a Rebel XT and I think this was the third picture taken - so go easy. Learning a lot from this forum, but have a long ways to go.

Robin
Newbie in KS

Hi Robin,

First may I say...that is one beautiful tortoise shell Tabby you have there!

The first thing about the photo is the lack of sharpness. This happens a lot with cameras, especially if you're taking pictures of matte, unreflective surfaces. It looks like your camera had a hard time getting a focus lock, so it just sort of gave up or was hunting for a better lock when you pushed the shutter.

I don't know the RebXT, but I'm assuming that there's a little blinky light that goes off in the viewfinder that tells you when you have a focus lock. (It might be supplemented by a 'beep' or chirp as well.) If you don't get that light or chirp, try refocusing by taking your finger off the shutter, recomposing the shot again, and pressing halfway down on the shutter to get the focus lock.

Indoors, and in low light, this can sometimes take repeated tries. Don't give up. Your tabby is too beautiful not to share! Looking forward to seeing more photos... (That's my Leopold back a couple of pages, by the way.)

The other thing I would say is try experimenting with the flash at different settings. You can adjust its compensation--in effect making it brighter or dimmer--and that can go a long way. See how kitty's colors are sort of muted, and the effect has been flattened? You were taking pictures in low light (just about anywhere indoors is "low light" as far as cameras are concerned) and the flash overwhelmed the subject. This is a common thing, especially of subjects taken close up.

Congratulations on your new camera; keep experimenting! Photography is one of the most rewarding past times ever...

yours,

Julian

Jredtugboat
05-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Wow! That looks much better. It would have taken me a long time to clone it out. The camera is the Canon XT. !SO 800 f/6.3 w/the 50mm 1.8 lense.

I've got to learn how to use the clone tool! Who knew it had such power?

I like the first one better as well. The cat looking directly into the lens reminds me of, well, catness. Hunched over, inquiring. Inscrutable. You know. Cat like.

yours,

Julian

Geoff Chandler
05-04-2005, 01:45 AM

I can't decide probably the first - but I really like the mischeif in the second one. Great job on all of them!!

shortdog
05-06-2005, 12:19 PM
This is a pic I took with my new Sony DSC-W7. I am fairly new to photography, but very interested in learning more.
Tell me what you think of this photo.

Geoff Chandler
05-13-2005, 12:09 AM
Nice and sharp - a bit of a strange veiw, how about a few more different shots...

boxgirl73
05-18-2005, 09:42 AM
here's my first time posting a pic....this is Roscoe.....the only pic i had here at work that wasn't in need of 'downsizing'.....i'll try to post some of my better ones later in the week.

blur was meant to soften the pic....

boxgirl73
05-18-2005, 02:11 PM
here's one with my fuji 2800....still use this since i don't completely trust the canon powershot pro1 to do the job all the time....

JTL
05-18-2005, 02:25 PM
here's one with my fuji 2800....still use this since i don't completely trust the canon powershot pro1 to do the job all the time....What is that? Is that a cat? That picture is going to give me bad dreams...:D

boxgirl73
05-19-2005, 09:49 AM
now why would it give a bad dream? He's a handsome fellow:)
And so sweet! Maybe you belong on the Pooch page :rolleyes:

JTL
05-19-2005, 01:03 PM
now why would it give a bad dream? He's a handsome fellow:)
And so sweet! Maybe you belong on the Pooch page :rolleyes:I'm sorry, my cat Jane made those comments...I've got to keep her away from the computer! :D
http://JTL.smugmug.com/photos/18309978-L.jpg

kuroneko
05-19-2005, 08:01 PM
hehe.. wild cat on the pose!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_kucing.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/kucing.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_kucing2.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/kucing2.jpg)

taken with FZ20 :)

TheObiJuan
05-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Here is the last cat I shot. Enjoy.
These were shot with my old Canon 350D with the Canon 135 f/2.8 SF lens.
http://www.styleandspeed.com/theobijuan/pics/tigershoot/_MG_4221_1crop.jpg
Then a second later.
http://www.styleandspeed.com/theobijuan/pics/tigershoot/rocky%20portrait.jpg

Hehe, seriously though, this is a friend's cat.
It was taken with my 20D, 420EX, and the canon 70-200 f/4. For some reason it was set to f/29!!! :confused:
I had ISO set to 1600 and the image is super clean and sharp! The cat loves to hide under the rug.

http://www.styleandspeed.com/theobijuan/pics/IMG_4843_small.jpg

Wombat
05-22-2005, 03:00 AM
It was taken with my 20D, 420EX, and the canon 70-200 f/4. For some reason it was set to f/29!!! :confused:
I had ISO set to 1600 and the image is super clean and sharp! The cat loves to hide under the rug.

http://www.styleandspeed.com/theobijuan/pics/IMG_4843_small.jpg

Great shot of the cat under the rug, as you say absolutely crisp, great colours and subject - wished I'd taken it ;-)

regards
Wombat

PS Those other cats of "yours" must have a big litter tray!!!

D70FAN
05-22-2005, 08:47 AM
Here is the last cat I shot. Enjoy.
These were shot with my old Canon 350D with the Canon 135 f/2.8 SF lens.

Niiice kitty. :eek:

The 3rd shot is really great. Thanks.

TheObiJuan
05-22-2005, 10:01 AM
Thanks George & Wombat!

Wombat, the Tigers don't have to use litter boxes, they live in an animal sanctuary where they can live free from zoos and private ownership.

Feeding them though is pretty expensive and care is a PITA.
I heard that they eat my weight in food a day. :eek:

Noodlez
05-26-2005, 01:35 AM
Mr Buck
http://nowiamnothing.net/pics/buck_080302.jpg

Geoff Chandler
05-26-2005, 01:46 AM
Mr Buck
http://nowiamnothing.net/pics/buck_080302.jpg
That's nice. Simple, clean and captures the character.
I haven't got anything particularly to contribute here pic wise at the moment - but please keep them coming in.

Maddox
05-26-2005, 05:49 AM
Meet Axel.

MJ

Maddox
05-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Meet Nelson.

ReValveiT
05-26-2005, 11:55 PM
My Mogs George and Marvin.

300d - 70-200mm F/4L Lens. Straight from the Cam - just re-sized...

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_1.JPG

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_2.JPG

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/george_1.JPG

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/george_2.JPG

TheObiJuan
05-26-2005, 11:57 PM
that f/4L sure does love cats. ;)`

ReValveiT
05-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Oh, and here's a couple from when Marvin was just a wee sprog!:

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/george_marvin_1.jpg

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/hardmarvin.jpg

Geoff Chandler
05-27-2005, 12:13 AM
ReValveiT; Tough Guy Eh!
Nice pics

ReValveiT
05-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Another one of Marvin:

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_3.JPG

ReValveiT
05-31-2005, 07:22 AM
This is my parents' Cat, Furby!

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/furby_1.jpg

Geoff Chandler
06-02-2005, 01:45 PM
[QUOTE=ReValveiT]This is my parents' Cat, Furby!
QUOTE]
Lovely Cat pics - must find some more of mine
Keep them coming - you'll have to go out and specially take some more on Purpuss
G

maniax
06-05-2005, 06:28 AM
Angry face

phistio
06-05-2005, 07:55 PM
here's my old roomates cat...basking in the sun from the skylight as usual...

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/dakota.jpg

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/daksunbather.jpg

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/dakotamacro.jpg

phistio
06-05-2005, 08:02 PM
and....while still cats...they're just bigger. this was a premium oppurtunity, and man was i lucky. i was content grabbing a shot or two of the cub sleeping...i walked a little to the right, and a baby started crying. he looked right at me. i love the perplexed look he has on his face.

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/rajah.jpg

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/rajahlookinatme.jpg

gstafleu
06-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Here is an exciting (for a cat) story in two pictures.

My mother's cat, Gijs, wondering "shall I go to sleep?"
http://publish.uwo.ca/~gerard/photos/gijs1.jpg

Dumb question, of course I'll go to sleep:
http://publish.uwo.ca/~gerard/photos/gijs2.jpg

BTW, notice the "other" cats in the pictures!

astro
06-17-2005, 03:55 AM
here's my curious cat :)
He was standing up to see what was in the vase..

http://astroguy.org/showngshowng1.jpg

aparmley
06-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Phistio - great shots!
here is our wild beast! :D

boxgirl73
06-17-2005, 08:02 AM
wow...great FEROCIOUS shot:)

boxgirl73
06-17-2005, 08:03 AM
hehehehe....aparm..not so ferocious is yours....very beautiful cat...nice coloring on the photo...works well. nice healthy coat btw...

aparmley
06-17-2005, 02:25 PM
Thank you. Yea she was sleeping with her mom there... head all propped up on her bicep!

Gizmo says, "Thank you for your comments on my coat, a cat does what she can!" ;)

phistio
06-17-2005, 10:40 PM
here is chai (my friend's cat)

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/chai.jpg

and though slightly over exposed, here is maggie...

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/maggie.jpg

chai again...close and far for the soft vintage look that was felt at the time...

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/chai2.jpg

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/chai3.jpg

ReValveiT
06-19-2005, 09:13 AM
Great pics!

Here's a few more of Marvin captured today with the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 EX @ 50mm. All full frames, no crops and no PP:

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_4.JPG

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_5.JPG

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_6.JPG

Focus went off a bit here, but I like this'n nontheless:

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_7.JPG

boxgirl73
06-21-2005, 10:15 AM
roscoe...when he was a tiny little fuzz ball:)

boxgirl73
06-21-2005, 10:17 AM
roscoe asleep after his long trip home from the breeder:) don't you just want to squish him:)

boxgirl73
06-21-2005, 05:42 PM
roscoe and his sculpture...had a piece done from a pic of roscoe!

Q B@LL
06-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Colby doing what cats do best... nothing :p

Geoff Chandler
06-27-2005, 01:54 AM
roscoe and his sculpture...had a piece done from a pic of roscoe!
I like Roscoe - he's very sweet!
Here's Oly (Oliver) again...

Geoff Chandler
06-27-2005, 09:05 AM
Another of Oly - basking in the sun in the back garden in a less cultivated area!

iplayazi
06-28-2005, 08:27 AM
Heres the boss of my house!

operativex
07-01-2005, 06:03 PM
one of my mom's kitties: Snickers

http://host41.hrwebservices.net/%7Ewacostr/temp/drew/snickers.jpg

joelw135
07-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Taken using Fuji S5100 (S5500).

http://photos18.flickr.com/23034386_c46a9ccdb3.jpg

photogenic
07-02-2005, 12:27 PM
precious taken with fuji S5100

photogenic
07-02-2005, 12:32 PM
the baby of my cats socks

photogenic
07-02-2005, 02:51 PM
another one of socks

soundgarden44
07-04-2005, 01:33 PM
My cat Boots
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/6475/cat17mj.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/5042/dscf00033kr.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/2929/dscf00127lt.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

canuckpuck
07-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Found this kitten playing with the souvenier display coming down from Hua Shan Mountain in Xi'An China.

ReValveiT
07-13-2005, 12:05 PM
http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_9.JPG

nuvolino
07-17-2005, 06:08 AM
here is my cat her name is "put put" :D

phistio
07-17-2005, 06:43 PM
here's an alteration of a shot i previously posted in this thread...

http://www.digitalwraith.com/images/phistio/photos/dakotaeyes.jpg

Balrog
07-18-2005, 04:33 AM
My cat toffee ... died recently :( he will be missed.

Geoff Chandler
07-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Oliver
Amongst the mess that is my Son's room

Geoff Chandler
07-22-2005, 09:36 AM
There's something about Cats that bring out a certain kind of insanity in people - I've noticed it - not just within my own houshold, but with other cat owners - they seem to develop a form of language or communication supposedly for the sake of the cat - any of you other cat owners around the globe found this??? Our language has become quite extensive (and quite daft!!). Maybe example pics with Cat language comments??

Steev
07-24-2005, 07:21 PM
My seven week old Manx kitten, Jack....

Steev
07-24-2005, 07:22 PM
One of my moms cats, KC...

Clyde
07-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Damn, I love this lens. It is an overcast day, and this is (obviously) an indoor shot, using reflected cloudy day light. You can see my light source in the reflection in his eye.

This was shot wide open at 1.8 to get as much light as I could. He is sitting on my lap, and I am holding the camera away from me, trusting the camera to focus and all. I love how the nose is slightly soft, as are the ears, but the eye is tack sharp.

This is probably a little underexposed. If I were to print or otherwise use the picture, I would putz with the levels in photoshop. For the sake of pictorial integrity, or whatever, all I did was resize it.

Comments welcome!

Clyde

iplayazi
07-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Heres another pic of the boss of my house :p

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/iplayazi/tn_IMG_0015.jpg

Clyde
07-27-2005, 12:44 PM
This is probably a little underexposed. If I were to print or otherwise use the picture, I would putz with the levels in photoshop. For the sake of pictorial integrity, or whatever, all I did was resize it.

Comments welcome!

Clyde

Well, this is what I use the photos for. Not precisely on topic, but here it is...

Normally I want the camera to show me how something looks in whatever situation it is in. So, I want a night scene to be dark. A red truck at night will look like a black shape with yellow headlights. On the other hand, I want my photos of paintings to be relatively perfect reference. The painting should look like it would under perfect light. No cast shadows, no warmth due to the halogens I use to light and paint under...

As a non-photographer, I am struggling with both tasks. Sometimes, though, the painting turns out decently in spite of all my relative handicaps.

Sk8Fan
08-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm a huge newbie, experimenting with my first digital camera - a Canon A510. Any tips appreciated in taking better shots!

This is one of my cats, Caitlyn, in her favorite pose. Around here we call it "Rude Ears". :)

ReValveiT
08-02-2005, 01:42 AM
Don't you just love some of the positions they get themselves into?

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/george_4.JPG

kuroneko
08-02-2005, 07:14 AM
My Cat Photos!.. (^-^)v

Click to enlarge!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_smilingcat.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/smilingcat.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_duakucing2.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/duakucing2.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_nap.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/nap.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_staringcat.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/staringcat.jpg)

kuroneko
08-02-2005, 07:15 AM
another ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_framekukuk2.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/framekukuk2.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_mypose.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/mypose.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_kucingkecil.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/kucingkecil.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/th_kucingbaru.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/kucingitem/kucingbaru.jpg)

tlmiller10
08-03-2005, 07:37 AM
http://iciclelanding.com/aperture?photo=24942&size=576&view=image

I took this shot at ISO 200, with my Canon Digital Rebel with a Promaster 70-300mm 4.5-6f telephoto zoom lens 1:2 macro ability.

=o) I am so proud of this shot! =o) I hope you all enjoy this shot of my grandpa's cat, Phoenix. He's so pretty...

-tlmiller10 aka Tim

donhdefl
08-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Hi - I had to post this picture of my cat. He has lips! It was taken with a rather inexpensive Kodak CX6330 and enlarged with a photo enlargement program called Imagener Unlimited (see http://www.imagener.com).

http://www.donh.com/100_2217b.jpg

ReValveiT
08-07-2005, 03:38 AM
Great lips! What an expression.

Another one of Marvin, hiding in the bushes this time:

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_10.JPG

snowrdr
08-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Here is Valentine, the neighbor cat that hangs out in my garage... :D

boxgirl73
08-11-2005, 10:53 AM
My new baby.....red persian male at 10 weeks old...Rusty Jones:)

boxgirl73
08-11-2005, 10:54 AM
here he is awake:) he's a little bundle of energy!!!!

iplayazi
08-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Aawww! :d What a cuty!

ReValveiT
08-22-2005, 08:57 AM
http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/marvin_11.jpg

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/george_5.jpg

coldteablues
08-30-2005, 01:57 PM
http://photos26.flickr.com/38120041_45c81b1d35.jpg
Sheba

http://photos21.flickr.com/30769515_5cc2d52f24.jpg
Old Blue Eyes

Cher

bbarlow641
09-03-2005, 09:03 PM
D70, f3.3, 1/30 sec (prbably leads to the blurring.) COMSIL (cat of my sister in law)

ljalter
09-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Our smiling kitten, May: (Taken by a total newb with a 20D.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/ljalter/kitty.jpg

mrshaase
09-05-2005, 07:39 PM
Well my cats are my babies. They are a little crazy but we love them.

Shadie has a thing bright rays of sunshine. Cookie is the attention cat ths she insists on helping him write code me insists on helping me edit pictures. Here are their most recent pictures. These were taken on an old digital camera of my husbands when my camera was not within reach.

Candice

Big Jay Dog
09-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Taken around the house.

Big Jay Dog
09-08-2005, 11:08 AM
Also around the house.

snowrdr
09-10-2005, 02:26 PM
Cobweb ears on a visiting kitten to my garage. :D

http://www.pbase.com/image/49039716.jpg

astro
09-10-2005, 03:18 PM
here's a shot I took from testing my new 50/1.4

http://astroguy.org/showngshowng14bbw.jpg

dust
09-14-2005, 01:35 PM
suzy, the evil one.

http://www.ire.za.net/dust/DSC00893.jpg

jsla
09-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Even though I promised myself I wouldn't go around taking pictures of the cat...

Kali

http://tinypic.com/dota94.jpg

http://tinypic.com/dpcufd.jpg

Claus S
09-20-2005, 05:25 AM
lack of other subjects drow me to take this shot. Any comments wellcome

aparmley
09-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Just a recent test photo of my new 85 1.8 - really testing out the new flash 550 EX. bounced nicely I think.

http://parmley.smugmug.com/photos/36814956-L.jpg

Claus S
09-22-2005, 10:50 AM
my addition of today. Caught her in a yawn :p

Geoff Chandler
09-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Great shots everyone - we only have the one cat these days (Oliver)
- and he has already featured earlier.
So - this is our first ever cat (Mufty) - now passed on to.... whatever cats
pass on to. !
Taken with an Olympus OM2 - don't ask for exif details - the print didn't have it!

boxgirl73
09-23-2005, 11:39 AM
my addition of today. Caught her in a yawn :p

Love this Claus! What timing!!!

boxgirl73
09-23-2005, 11:41 AM
here's my new little man in the house....Rusty Jones...aka RJ:)

Claus S
09-25-2005, 07:32 AM
Thanks Boxgirl for the kind words :)
Here is 2 more from today

bonni
09-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Hmm. Well, I have a much-loved cat and a new camera, so naturally, I had to use her as a model for testing various features of the camera, and it looks like this is the thread in which to do it.... ;)

Missycat on close-up mode with a bit of zoom, Kodak z740, slight contrast correction done in Photoshop (and resizing, obviously).

Geoff Chandler
09-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Our cat - Oliver. sleeping in another odd position

bonni
09-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Our cat - Oliver. sleeping in another odd position

Geoff, is he sleeping with his eyes open? I've known cats that do that...

bonni

Geoff Chandler
09-26-2005, 02:48 PM
No - he's realised I have the camera and is about to jump off!!
He's always liked those old chairs - here's a terrible old film point & shoot
pic scanned of him when he was little...

gracie328
09-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Might as well join in here too. We have two indoor cats. Here's Lucky... so named as he was suppose to have been euthanized due to illness, but the message wasn't passed on properly and within a week's time he was thriving well. That's the long story in a nutshell.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/PETS/lucky0001.jpg

And here's Tia... who use to belong to my mom. She made her an indoor cat after my dad passed away, but had to get rid of her when she put her house up for sale and planned to move into an apartment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/PETS/PICT0005acopy.jpg

Chem
10-09-2005, 02:43 PM
My parents' predator Tommy

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/5717/tommy9sk.jpg

pouka
10-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Great cat photos! They've given me some wonderful ideas for some new ones. Here are some of mine. I apologize for the watermark and low resolution - I pulled these straight off my website.

http://www.pouka.com/Images/Photographs/Harley.jpg

Old Sony Mavica - don't remember which one... 81 maybe? saved directly onto a floppy.

http://www.pouka.com/Images/Photographs/Gorgeous%20Delli.jpg

Also the Mavica

http://www.pouka.com/Images/Photographs/Petit%20Profile.jpg

More Mavica

http://www.pouka.com/Images/Photographs/Celeste.jpg

Canon SD300

http://www.pouka.com/Images/Photographs/Big%20Boo.jpg

Canon SD300

http://www.pouka.com/Images/Photographs/Jack.jpg

Canon Sd300

-Danica

snowrdr
10-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Big kitty naptime... :D

http://www.pbase.com/image/50949267.jpg

hollows2
10-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Two bengals (Osar and Boris) looking for trouble.

Steve

mariods
10-22-2005, 10:18 AM
Heres a pic of my neighbour's cat when it jumped over (or crawled under) the fence. Taken with a Pentax K1000. ISO200 film. f/8 at 1/250 sec.

http://static.flickr.com/28/54474197_219ea38191_b.jpg

Cheers
Mario

Glenn Kennedy
10-25-2005, 10:48 AM
A confession... I hate cats. We used to have an "outdoor cat" that was a good "mouser and ratter" (we live in the middle of nowhere) - which grew to an enormous size on the local wild bird population. It left a year or so ago and hasn't been seen since. Still no rats - but lots of our feathered friends again. So for me to take a picture of one the infernal creatures, never mind post it here is a bit out of character. This one is sleeping on cases of one of Italy's finest wines - Brunello di Montalcino and its cheaper cousin Rosso di Montalcino - taken in the village where the wine is made (Montalcino in ase you hadn't guessed).

Geoff Chandler
10-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Here's Oliver - pausing, whilst cleaning, for a nanosecond
Unfortunately - my shutter speed won't go down to nano seconds
- anyway there wasn't enough light!!

Geoff Chandler
10-25-2005, 11:09 AM
If I though that one had a touch of blur...
This one could be cropped and put in the Abstract thread!!!

ReValveiT
10-25-2005, 07:37 PM
This was one of my 'test shots' with the 70-200mm f/2.8L Lens.

This one's @ 200mm f/2.8 with bounced flash:

http://www.dtsabers.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/pics/george_6.jpg

eaglssong
10-29-2005, 11:25 AM
Here's a hungry Willy!!

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL237/1412217/8503363/116722121.jpg

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL237/1412217/8503363/116722063.jpg

Vich
10-30-2005, 11:35 PM
Tabby at the warf. Seems to get along with the birds OK.

http://FLASHME.smugmug.com/photos/42318290-L.jpg

Schubi
11-02-2005, 10:14 AM
do you like it?

Schubi
11-02-2005, 10:17 AM
this time in color

Schubi
11-02-2005, 10:51 AM
i took these shots last weekend with my canon powershot s2 is

Schubi
11-02-2005, 10:56 AM
but a cute kitten, nonetheless
wouldn't you say?

Tyger
11-03-2005, 03:10 AM
Saw this little guy hiding amidst a fallen tree the other day.

http://www.monzoncreations.com/cat1.jpg

http://www.monzoncreations.com/cat2.jpg

alaskan_teg00
11-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Here's a pic of my cat. Names Lewis, just turned a year old on the 5th.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/ak_freebird/RandomShots041.jpg

eaglssong
11-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Meet Goofy. No, not one of the seven dwarfs........ just the fattest cat I've ever seen.

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1176/3933780/8663002/118812855.jpg

And just for a bit of fun, I cropped the photo down to this:

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1176/3933780/8663002/118880025.jpg

deadman
11-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Tabby at the warf. Seems to get along with the birds OK.

http://FLASHME.smugmug.com/photos/42318290-L.jpg

LOL! Talk about putting the cat amongst the pidgeons!

deadman
11-27-2005, 07:09 AM
Looking forward to getting a decent external flash. I corrected the redeye in Elements only to be faced with white distorted white reflection instead.

Oh well.

Apparatus
11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v393/thenation/dcresource_mac.jpg

His name is Mac. :)

jrny
12-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Here is JuJu
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/steve7860/Pets/100_3204.jpg

Here is Star
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c115/steve7860/Pets/100_3432_Edited.jpg

tim11
12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
mmm........ should that be meerkat and not mere cat? :confused:

tim11
12-08-2005, 02:50 PM
Wild Cat. Doesn't he look so majestic?

gracie328
12-08-2005, 03:55 PM
My two indoor babies.

First here is sweet little Tia...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/PETS/tiakitty2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/PETS/tiakitty.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/PETS/kittytongue.jpg

Then here's the mighty Lucky Cat.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/PETS/luckycat3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/PETS/luckycat.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/gracie328/PETS/luckycat2.jpg

Alina Borovikova
12-12-2005, 08:10 AM
Just Romason :)

mikeym
12-24-2005, 01:44 PM
took a quick shot of my friends cats and was quite surprised how well it turned out

Kushnirenko
12-26-2005, 03:27 AM
Hunting Cat. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Dec, 25, 2005

Kushnirenko
12-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Computer Cat. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Dec, 25, 2005

Kushnirenko
12-26-2005, 03:29 AM
Mobile Cat. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Dec, 25, 2005

astro
12-26-2005, 04:29 PM
I played around with some photomanipulation with one of my cat pics..
here are the results..

http://astroguy.org/showngshowng17a.jpg

http://astroguy.org/showngshowng17b.jpg

Here's the original:
http://astroguy.org/showngshowng17.jpg

Kushnirenko
12-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Proud cat. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Dec, 25, 2005

Kushnirenko
12-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Sleeping cat. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Dec, 25, 2005

phatkid77
12-30-2005, 06:08 PM
some of mine from the 'OLY 730 uz

phatkid77
12-30-2005, 06:09 PM
the two little ones are when they were fresh...over yr ago now

phatkid77
12-31-2005, 10:26 AM
a pic i screwed up by accidentally hitting a preset button

lindann
01-01-2006, 09:10 AM
This is my first time posting on this forum and I hope I do it correctly. I always have difficulty getting my cats to sit still long enough for a clear close-up. This is my first close shot of my Georgia.
Hope you like it.

fox54black
01-01-2006, 12:08 PM
To phatkid77: There was still lots of color information in that picture, I did a few color operations to get this result. I don't know if this is true to the scene or not, but its the best I could do. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Fox54Black/attachment.jpg

phatkid77
01-01-2006, 12:40 PM
lol....thanks, i hit the luminescent setting thus the blue look...

hear is one after i figured out what i done did..lol

phatkid77
01-01-2006, 08:21 PM
oh the kitties love this!!!

their kitty condo

fox54black
01-02-2006, 06:22 PM
How much do they pay for rent?:D

Cyberwlf
01-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Taken on a Panasonic FZ20 with UV Filter (almost no post-processing either)

http://static.flickr.com/39/76220198_48997de32e_o.jpg

zeusho
01-03-2006, 04:29 AM
Taken by Sony F-828, you can check the EXif for the shooting information.

http://www.pbase.com/zeusho/image/53341980.jpg

Please visit my galleries to leave a comments, thanks!

Drago Dundee
01-07-2006, 01:52 AM
here is my beautiful chihuahua....:eek:

zdzislaw
01-07-2006, 02:45 AM
dear drago d.

you are an utter nutcase....
made me laugh,
what on earth are you doing,
is this the new way of cloning ?
i thing you deserve new thread, dont you,
on the other hand people hardly laugh around here,
people are focused around here, so how dare you ...
but what the hell...,why not...
lets laugh, and it is for free !
what democracy can do...ej, wej...
meantime i have checked couple of people from downstair of the page and they were checking up on you too,
but probably moved away with disgust,:mad:
lets hear some more people laughing, ha,ha,ha...:cool:

kind regards
zdzislaw:)
ps i would never,ever consider you as a photographer on my wedding(even for free) tough luck brother (hope you understand) my girl friend is average looking so am i, and we would not like to be changed into mr,mrs universe ,most certainly not by you...:D

rawpaw18
01-07-2006, 04:10 AM
I just got both the cat and camera on Wednesday. This is one
of my first pictures.

Oh that's my fuzzy knee in the way at the bottom

Kushnirenko
01-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Citycat. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Jan, 05, 2006

Drago Dundee
01-07-2006, 08:04 PM
hey kushnirenko,i went to city cat in la posada in peru,i took a picture of a catman,did u see him around?? let me know ok? moore photo shop 4 you my friend!!!:eek:

Geoff Chandler
01-07-2006, 11:43 PM
Drago - that's so wicked!!
I think there is a digital manipulation thread somewhere here
You would shine in there - so clever.

Geoff Chandler
01-07-2006, 11:44 PM
I just got both the cat and camera on Wednesday. This is one of my first pictures.

Oh that's my fuzzy knee in the way at the bottom
This kitty is SO sweet - what's it's name - I left the image in on purrpuss

rawpaw18
01-08-2006, 03:42 AM
Geoff,
My kids are kind of clever, naming a grey cat SHADOW! It's
even cute at bathtime. I wasn't even a cat kind of guy a couple of
days ago, but this kitten is hysterical. He gets into quite a bit of
mischief. Hope it's o.k. to put in another photo. Excuse those awful
lounging shorts I'm wearing.

Bill Markwick
01-08-2006, 07:12 AM
i thing you deserve new thread, dont you, on the other hand people hardly laugh around here,
people are focused around here, so how dare you ...
but what the hell...,why not...
kind regards
zdzislaw

I think Drago's work is the funniest, most imaginative stuff I've seen in years. I hope people here aren't that serious. Maybe it's because most people don't post.

If Drago's using Photoshop, he's a master and I think he could teach us all... :)

Regards,
Bill

Quirkitized
01-09-2006, 01:39 AM
Taken with a Canon Powershot A610 Shutter Speed priority 1/125 no flash, min. zoom with macro. Can't wait until I get my Nikon D50 and take some shots with that :D

Tinkerbell
http://tmfiles.net/modules/pics/albums/Cats/2.jpg

Tinkerbell
http://tmfiles.net/modules/pics/albums/Cats/3.jpg

Tinkerbell
http://tmfiles.net/modules/pics/albums/Cats/4.jpg

CC
http://tmfiles.net/modules/pics/albums/Cats/5.jpg

CC
http://tmfiles.net/modules/pics/albums/Cats/6.jpg

AaronBBrown
01-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Some of my first attempts with my Canon Powershot S2 IS

Our cat Athena, guarding the laundry basket:
http://www.soggydiving.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_IMG_00421.jpg (http://www.soggydiving.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_00421.jpg)

A friend's cat, Savannah. The white balance is obviously off in the first pic.
http://www.soggydiving.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_IMG_0509_sm.jpg (http://www.soggydiving.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_0509_sm.jpg)
http://www.soggydiving.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_IMG_0504_sm.jpg (http://www.soggydiving.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_0504_sm.jpg)

Tyger
01-13-2006, 10:02 AM
in the jungle the mighty jungle.....

O.k, maybe not the jungle...how about the Toronto Zoo? :)

A few pics taken on my zoo outing.

http://www.monzoncreations.com/bigcats/lion1.jpg

http://www.monzoncreations.com/bigcats/lion2.jpg

http://www.monzoncreations.com/bigcats/lion3.jpg

http://www.monzoncreations.com/bigcats/lion4.jpg

http://www.monzoncreations.com/bigcats/lion5.jpg

http://www.monzoncreations.com/bigcats/lion6.jpg

http://www.monzoncreations.com/bigcats/lion7.jpg

Jim in Ohio
01-13-2006, 03:51 PM
...for the photographer to figure out the new camera.

Panasonic Lumix FZ-30

Jim in Ohio
01-13-2006, 03:53 PM
This is "General Custer", named after his yellow hair.

Jason25
01-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Nikon D50 + 50mm f1.8D
f1.8
1/30
ISO 1100
spot metering

http://home.comcast.net/~jmodzik/levi.JPG

Sighger
01-13-2006, 05:07 PM
My fiance's cat: Maddy

http://www.ad-idem-galleries.com/Maddy_by_AndrewCallander.jpg

Sighger
01-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Nikon D50 + 50mm f1.8D
f1.8
1/30
ISO 1100
spot metering

http://home.comcast.net/~jmodzik/levi.JPG

What an amazing shot of focus and color blend!

trev.perks
01-15-2006, 02:28 AM

hi all, I have enjoyed looking through all your pics :)
This one was took with a nikon coolpix 880 on auto. The cat was sat like this for about 5 mins I was amazed she was still like it by the time I had got the camera out.

Jason25
01-15-2006, 09:18 AM
What an amazing shot of focus and color blend!
Thanks! I was quite shocked at how well he blended into the wood floor behind him. :D That 50/1.8 works wonders in sharpness :)

Kushnirenko
01-18-2006, 07:59 AM
Has a little yawned. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Olympus C-765UZ. Jan, 15, 2005

ssmangrove
01-18-2006, 08:26 PM
My cat as photographed with 18-55mm kit lens on canon eos 350d

http://tinypic.com/m7tgep.jpg

AaronBBrown
01-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Athena hoping the pigeons would come closer....

phatkid77
01-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Kushnirenko....long lost twins??

phatkid77
01-24-2006, 07:40 AM
i love cheap models

Jim in Ohio
01-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Caught these two napping in the hall closet.

glf_sproull
02-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Here's my cat--Ozzie:D

beachluvr
02-08-2006, 11:41 AM
Just a snapshot of a relative's cat.

rawpaw18
02-12-2006, 05:38 AM
He may be small but he has a lot of attitude.

boxgirl73
02-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Always likes to sneak in the fridge.......

What could he have been in his past life?

boxgirl73
02-13-2006, 11:51 AM
love this one...makes him look so long:)

boxgirl73
02-13-2006, 11:54 AM
as you can tell...he's the baby in the family:)

boxgirl73
02-13-2006, 12:12 PM
aka 'the frog'

boxgirl73
02-13-2006, 12:14 PM
his first xmas was this year:)

Kushnirenko
02-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Tail free, homeless. Kharkiv, Ukraine. Fuji FinePix S9500. Feb, 10, 2006

britkev
02-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Here's Sam reluctantly modelling for my new D50 w 50mm f1.8

f1.8@1/60 ISO 1600available light.. horrible energy saver bulbs

tweaked wb a bit and a little USM

britkev
02-26-2006, 10:00 PM
And here's Nikki, my favorite auto-focus tester, straight from the camera, cropped and saved for web

ISO1600 F/1.8@1/200th - WB Auto and a little odd due to the energy saver flourescent bulbs

Alina Borovikova
03-02-2006, 03:49 AM
robber run away :D

Alina Borovikova
03-09-2006, 07:16 AM
markisik.....

T06
03-21-2006, 02:08 AM
One of our bullies in the neighborhood.:o :D

TNB
03-21-2006, 06:07 PM
Newbe here with two hairy kids, Tigger & Bennie. Basically, I am into remote control and picked up a better camera to take photos--practicing on the cats.

http://image.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/70716/Lj22181.jpg

http://image.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/70716/Id96538.jpg

fox54black
03-21-2006, 06:48 PM
I love the second one, I had to see what it looked like in a smudge painting. Hope you don't mind. :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/Fox54Black/Id96538smudge.jpg

TNB
03-21-2006, 06:55 PM
Actually, I think that is pretty neat. Program?

DaveG26
03-21-2006, 07:09 PM
Here is my cat Tabby. Shot with a Nikon D50 with the 70-300mm G lens.

TNB
03-21-2006, 07:16 PM
That appears to be your reflection in Tabby's eyes.

fox54black
03-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Actually, I think that is pretty neat. Program?

Thanks, It was done in Paint Shop Pro 9 with the smudge tool, but it could also be done in Photoshop.

TNB
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I may have to try that myself though not on myself. ;)

JoelG
03-24-2006, 08:42 AM
http://static.flickr.com/34/117241347_893a03a15d_b.jpg

KM 5D with kit lens.

snowrdr
03-24-2006, 09:06 AM
This is the picture I posted last year when Bad Kitty was a kitten on 8/30/05
http://www.pbase.com/image/49039716.jpg

Here is an updated shot of 'Bad Kitty' from 3/19/06. :D

http://www.pbase.com/image/57488755.jpg