PDA

View Full Version : Just Hanging Around

Bald Eagle
03-24-2005, 05:35 PM
These shots were taken courtesy of the bat. I walked out the front door and there he was, hanging on a vine. I hope you like. These shots were taken with my 35/80 with a 4-2-1 macro converter kit at ISO of 800 on P mode. settings, 1/60 4.5. Your opinions please.

Geoff Chandler
03-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Both very good. I would have liked an opportunity on a plate like that. I slightly prefered the first one - only because the second could do with a little more depth of field just to get all of his features in the focus - having said that - it's not always that easy especially if light is limited.
Great job!

Bald Eagle
03-24-2005, 06:09 PM
this particular setting was interesting to say the least. i had to get directly under him to take the shot. I was a little concerned that he might just decide to drop down, on me. Thanks for the kind words, as always.

Bald Eagle
03-24-2005, 06:17 PM
This shot was from directly underneath. A little better look at the features.

Geoff Chandler
03-24-2005, 06:28 PM
Oh What!!
Eyeball to lens - that's amazing.
Keep em coming, I'll be offline for 10 days - so I expect to have to spend a considerable time catching up with all your posted photos.
Do you have a web site yet??

D70FAN
03-24-2005, 06:38 PM
This shot was from directly underneath. A little better look at the features.

They just keep getting better. Not a lot of bat pictures (actually none) on this board. But watch out for BE-C (chicks new name). That orchid shot was pretty good. ;)

the bald eagle`s chick
03-24-2005, 06:39 PM
Just to show comparison, I also took pics of this bat. I hesitate to show them as i will also show how much better BE is than I at camera use. As you may have guessed, there is a little (friendly?) competition going on in this home.Now, Please tell BE to share the printer. I had to get my own camera and computer ,least he could do is share his knowledge and his printer. :p
This was taken with Cannon 300 d rebel, iso 800, auto ,p, half shutter focus. i still need to practice on knowing what settings I used.

Bald Eagle
03-24-2005, 06:51 PM
We dont have a website yet, but, trust me, we will shortly. Before, when I had my Nikon FE-2, I would take pictures all weekend long and wait impatiently to get them developed, now, it is almost instant viewing. I stopped taking pictures for several yrs. because on my return trip from Germany, all my cameras and all my gear came up missing, very heartbreaking, to say the least. Now, I have found a new medium, and it is amazing. Thank you very much for all your support and advice. :)

Geoff Chandler
03-25-2005, 12:39 AM
Just to show comparison, I also took pics of this bat. I hesitate to show them as i will also show how much better BE is than I at camera use. As you may have guessed, there is a little (friendly?) competition going on in this home.Now, Please tell BE to share the printer. I had to get my own camera and computer ,least he could do is share his knowledge and his printer. :p
This was taken with Cannon 300 d rebel, iso 800, auto ,p, half shutter focus. i still need to practice on knowing what settings I used.
Be encouraged BE-C. That is a great pic and I love seeing it's little face.
You are getting to grips with that camera really quickly, well done!