PDA

View Full Version : New cameras?

twin
08-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Hi Jeff!

Very, very nice reviews/previews of Canon's fall 2004 new cameras line-up. I bet your average day site hits went sky high!

:)

I've still got some questions about the D20, mainly if you used any of the new EF-S lenses or the new Speedlite 580EX flash on your test but I think I will post them on the Canon SLR forum...

I would also have a few doubts about focusing issues in the G6, since my G5 sometimes makes me mad! Is it better? I need to read your review more carefully...

But, and this is the main question I want to ask (and I known that you probably signed some others NDAs, but...) is there any major announcements coming from other camera makers? Any “unexpected” new camera announcement? Just wondering...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jeff Keller
08-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I've still got some questions about the D20, mainly if you used any of the new EF-S lenses or the new Speedlite 580EX flash on your test but I think I will post them on the Canon SLR forum...

Nope, haven't tried the lenses or the flash. I'll try the get the lenses (at least) when the production model is available.

I would also have a few doubts about focusing issues in the G6, since my G5 sometimes makes me mad! Is it better? I need to read your review more carefully...

I didn't notice any problems...

But, and this is the main question I want to ask (and I known that you probably signed some others NDAs, but...) is there any major announcements coming from other camera makers? Any “unexpected” new camera announcement? Just wondering...

There is much more to come...

twin
09-08-2004, 12:01 PM
Wild stuff? Wacky stuff?

Will this stuff be posted sometime tomorrow in midlle of the day or or will be posted during the night (as it was the EOS 20D?)

Just wondering...

twin
09-13-2004, 08:47 AM
Jeff, in the upcoming reviews section, you say that it will be announced one or more cameras on 15th/16th September. You also say that it is expected and unexpected.

Why? It's a new tecnology camera, a camera that "no one" knows or a type of camera from a maker that we don't usually associate to that type?

Yeah, I known that you probaby signed some kind of NDA but I had to ask!

Keep up the good work.

Jeff Keller
09-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Jeff, in the upcoming reviews section, you say that it will be announced one or more cameras on 15th/16th September. You also say that it is expected and unexpected.

Why? It's a new tecnology camera, a camera that "no one" knows or a type of camera from a maker that we don't usually associate to that type?

Yeah, I known that you probaby signed some kind of NDA but I had to ask!

Keep up the good work.

Sorry, I can't answer these questions. You'll have to wait and see!

Rhys
09-13-2004, 11:38 AM

Rumour has it that there's a new range of Foveon sensor-based cameras that will reach ISO 3200 without noticable increase in grain shortly to be released.

Jeff Keller
09-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Rumour has it that there's a new range of Foveon sensor-based cameras that will reach ISO 3200 without noticable increase in grain shortly to be released.

That is one rumor I can't back up based on what I know so far!

John_Reed
09-13-2004, 04:39 PM
Rumour has it that there's a new range of Foveon sensor-based cameras that will reach ISO 3200 without noticable increase in grain shortly to be released.Sounds like an Election Year promise, Rhys. Which candidate promised that? I'll vote for him.

Nick
09-13-2004, 04:39 PM
ISO 3200 without any grain! Well that's quite a yummy rumour! Can't even begin to think as to how that would help my low-light work.

John_Reed
09-13-2004, 05:14 PM
ISO 3200 without any grain! Well that's quite a yummy rumour! Can't even begin to think as to how that would help my low-light work.His original quote was "without noticable increase in grain," so it's possible that the new technology creates such a noisy, grainy photo at ISO 100, that any change in the noise level isn't noticable?

twin
09-15-2004, 07:23 AM

I bet that the unexpected isn't the KM A200... ;)

Twin

twin
09-16-2004, 09:38 AM
There will be more announcements today? You still have "New stuff continues" on the upcoming reviews for today...

Twin

Jeff Keller
09-16-2004, 11:22 AM
There will be more announcements today? You still have "New stuff continues" on the upcoming reviews for today...

Twin

Nope, we're done for a while. I just didn't get around to removing it since I was asleep. :p