PDA

View Full Version : All in a day`s work

the bald eagle`s chick
03-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Took the canon to work with me today. I had to practice. Took this shot with ISO of 1600, p, no tripod. Hopefully ,I can practice more tommorow.

Geoff Chandler
03-24-2005, 04:49 PM
Hey - it's really coming along quickly.
Close up like that looks great. Always hard to establish the best focus point - It's quite hard, also to make it focus on the centre of the flower - not familiar with the camera - but you may find spot focus, or pre focusing by half pressing the shutter may help you to focus on the centre. I'm guessing it was quite low light as you used ISO 1600 ?? Or was it a smaller apperture (higher fnumber). Are you shooting in Auto, Program or other???
keep it up - there's a legion of us out here g-ing you along!

D70FAN
03-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Took the canon to work with me today. I had to practice. Took this shot with ISO of 1600, p, no tripod. Hopefully ,I can practice more tommorow.

Now that is quite the improvement! See I knew that you would be happier with your own still camera. Maybe BE has created a monster using my advice.

So now that you are a pro-am, If it's ok we will just refer to you guys as BE and BE-C. It makes for less typing.

I would still suggest that you get one of the books on digital photography and specifically one on the DReb.

http://www.shortcourses.com/bookstore/book.htm

Maybe even BE could use one. I have the iNova e-books on the D70 and use it a lot. I think they have one on the Canons too.

http://www.digitalsecrets.net

the bald eagle`s chick
03-24-2005, 05:46 PM
ok ,I`m off to study. Will read the books and anything else i can . I need to keep up with BE.

BE-C.

ProblemSolver
03-24-2005, 10:47 PM
What Canon camera did you use?

speaklightly
03-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Chick-

That is a very nice photo. Congratulations!

Sarah Joyce

the bald eagle`s chick
03-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Sorry problem solver, didnt mean to ignore you. My camera is a canon eos 300 d. I still dont know how to use it yet, but, I love it.