PDA

View Full Version : LI-10b Battery - How long should i charge it for the first time?

DanPadnos
03-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Today I bought an Olympus C-770 digital camera, and im new to digital photography. It comes with a lithiom LI-10B battery and a LI-10C charger. I don't really know when to disconnect the battery charger.

The guy at the store said - for the first time, charge it for about 6 hours.
On of my friends said - charge it for as long as possible.
The manual sais - charging time is up to 120 minutes, disconnect when the light on the charger is green.

The light is now green, and I'm not sure what to do.
Thanks in advance,
Dan.

Robert Besen
03-24-2005, 06:39 PM
If the light is green, it is most likely finished charging and you can use it. Unlike other kinds of rechargeable batteries, Lithium-Ion do not like to be trickle charged to top them off, so the charger usually stops charging altogether when it thinks the battery is full. Hope this helps.

DanPadnos
03-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Thank You. :cool:

The cherger did seem to start cooling down once the light was green, so it probably wasn't doing much or anything at all. Anyway I gave it the extra 4 hours...

Another Question PLZ -
Don't worry, the long introduction is going somewhere. I shot lots of test photos in high res (probably over 50) and something like three 15-30 second MPEG-4 clips. I also did some macros and high zoom photos, and a lot of flash shots. I don't really know how much i shot, b/c I erased a lot of them and ended up with 34 shots and a clip on my 32MB card.
And now my question - does it make sense that the battery is now empty, or did I do something wrong?

gary_hendricks
03-25-2005, 09:37 AM
If the light is green, it means the charging is all done. :)

Rhys
03-25-2005, 10:10 AM
If the light is green, it means the charging is all done. :)

You just reminded me to take the cordless drill battery off charge. It's been on charge for a few days.