behr655
03-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Awesome shots.

Steve

D70FAN
03-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Taken on a hike between the recent storms with an Elph SD300:

www.pbase.com/winterwhitedwarf

I love Muir Woods. A great place to day hike and shoot year around. Even the people in the Bay Area don't know where it is (unless you live in Marin County). Hopefully you will shoot the beach as well.

Very nice job of capturing the woods in winter. Hopefully Redwood Creek is behaving.

Mr. Peabody
03-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Very nice pics.

I went there last year. At the time I owned a digital rebel. I was very stupid and left my digital rebel at home because I thought it would be an inconvience to tote it around. Instead I decided to take photos with my cell phone. What an idiot decision on my part. To be honest though, I really wasn't into digital photography like I am now.

I will never leave my SLR at home again. I don't care if it is big or not.

I'm taking my 20D to China next Friday, and I'm going to take some good pics.

olias
03-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the kind remarks all. I do actually have a photo or two taken at Muir Beach a few years ago with a Canon S230. I'll dig it up tonight and post. I live in Marin so I've been hiking and running in and around Muir Woods for some time now but have only photographed the area with a point and shoot cam. Tomorrow I'm picking up a new Rebel XT and will be taking some shots of the woods soon with the new cam.