PDA

View Full Version : Allround lens

Nederkoorn
03-23-2005, 06:00 AM
Hey Jeff,

First off all I want to thank you for your great reviews. I bought the Canon SD 300. And I must say great camera; quick, good video, but a lot off red eyes (Just like you said) thatís why I want to buy another camera.

I read in your reviews that Minolta A200 or Nikon 8800 have some difficulties with darkness, and movements. So I think, let me buy another camera which donít have the same difficulties and chose the canon EOS 350D (probably better then I need) with one lens which covers it all (for an amateur). By the way, I will use this camera most off my time for taking pictures inside (mostly in the evening) and from my (playing) children.

Now my question: is there such a lens.

Maarten Nederkoorn

P.S. I posted question Canon Eos 350D with Tamron 18 - 200 mm lens and got some good advice from TheObiJuan., but was a little bit disappointed about Tamron lens.

gary_hendricks
03-23-2005, 08:16 AM
Have you checked the Sigma or Canon lenses?

TheObiJuan
03-23-2005, 10:28 AM
maarten prefers not to change lenses, so one super zoom range will need to suffice. the tamron is not fast enough for real low light photography, and the results from images taken with it are not impressive. however, with ISO 800 and ISO 1600 being very usable, f/3.5 would do okay in some available light situations.

Jeff, will there ever be a review or comparison using the sigma or tamron 18-200's?