PDA

View Full Version : Hubby shelled out the bucks!!!

the bald eagle`s chick
03-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Well ,it went from advice on this forum to hubby`s ears ( or eye`s in this case). Long story short, I have a new camera.
He bought me the Canon EOS Rebel. Now I can show better pics (I hope).Took these tonight.
Unsure of settings as of yet. I know it was auto focus,iso 500, and zoom 18-55 mm. comments please.

D70FAN
03-22-2005, 07:02 PM
Well ,it went from advice on this forum to hubby`s ears ( or eye`s in this case). Long story short, I have a new camera.
He bought me the Canon EOS Rebel. Now I can show better pics (I hope).Took these tonight.
Unsure of settings as of yet. I know it was auto focus,iso 500, and zoom 18-55 mm. comments please.

OK. We got Bald Eagle to fork over the coin, but now the "chick" needs to take pictures in the daytime to start, as these night/evening shots should have been in "auto" or program "P" mode and on a tripod.

Come on Bald Eagle help the chick out on this stuff. :)

Bald Eagle
03-22-2005, 07:07 PM
I agree completely, but, i couldnt stop her or even slow her down. She just had to take some pics right away. She wont tell you this but i will. She even forgot she was cooking dinner and it was "slightly well done". She was reading up on her new camera. I will make sure she learns all there is to know about her camera. At least now, I can keep mine. :rolleyes:

D70FAN
03-22-2005, 07:18 PM
I agree completely, but, i couldnt stop her or even slow her down. She just had to take some pics right away. She wont tell you this but i will. She even forgot she was cooking dinner and it was "slightly well done". She was reading up on her new camera. I will make sure she learns all there is to know about her camera. At least now, I can keep mine. :rolleyes:

A matter of self defense? Glad that she is excited about it, as she should be.

A couple that shoots together...well anyway...have fun.

the bald eagle`s chick
03-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Ok , I have been practicing . Even though I burned hubby`s dinner :( . I have taken a lot of shots, taking notes on each. The following one is of our 210 gallon reef tank. I used a tripod,iso of 800, p, 5.6and 18x55 ef lens.

Bluedog
03-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Looking better but using a Tripod you could have lowered the ISO to get rid of the image noise and activated the self timer to avoid any camera shake ... ;)

Mr. Peabody
03-22-2005, 09:17 PM
This is a very amusing thread. :D

Geoff Chandler
03-24-2005, 03:22 PM
This is a very amusing thread. :D

Amusing, but great! This is what it's all about. We have a friend out there who is really keen and really trying to learn a lot quickly, I take my hat off to her. It is a joy to actually see improvements on each subsequent photo as she takes note of everything people tell her. On top of that her hubby is just as interested in the hobby which is a huge bonus. We can expect some great pictures from these two.
Keep it up guys

D70FAN
03-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Amusing, but great! This is what it's all about. We have a friend out there who is really keen and really trying to learn a lot quickly, I take my hat off to her. It is a joy to actually see improvements on each subsequent photo as she takes note of everything people tell her. On top of that her hubby is just as interested in the hobby which is a huge bonus. We can expect some great pictures from these two.
Keep it up guys

I agree.

I seriously can't wait to see what is next. The transition from videographer to photographer is interesting.

So comon BE's Chick. The anticipation is killing us.