PDA

View Full Version : newbie at work

the bald eagle`s chick
03-20-2005, 09:05 PM
new to the hobby.
My family and I spent last sunday at Bok Towers and this one at a local reserve taking pics, and thought i would share .

D70FAN
03-20-2005, 09:32 PM
new to the hobby.
My family and I spent last sunday at Bok Towers and this one at a local reserve taking pics, and thought i would share .

Fill us in on the camera and settings.

the bald eagle`s chick
03-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Mine is a sony camcorder with a 2.ox lens. Hubby has a Canon EOS d 60. He will be posting real soon, i`m sure.

Geoff Chandler
03-21-2005, 01:50 AM
Nice to have you contributing, I hope you find the Forum interesting & Helpfull.
We look forward to some from The Bald Eagle soon. Please keep dropping in and posting.
Kind regards

sherlock
03-21-2005, 05:55 AM
new to the hobby.

Hey Bald Eagle,

Glad that you've discovered photography! Thanks for contributing those pix. the first one seems confusing, maybe becasue there is too much depth of field. I don't know if you can control that with your sony. The second pic is great though! BTW, if you want to make that kind of image consistently, "borrow" your husband's D60!

Andrew S.

D70FAN
03-21-2005, 06:26 AM
new to the hobby.

Nice composition, and subjects. Part of the problem with using camcorder still images is that they are interlaced which is why you see the lines. Anyone out there know of a way to de-interlace still shots? I've Never tried it on still photos, but I know it can be done with video.

Update. Photoshop has a deinterlace filter (under filter) :o Here is the picture deinterlaced.

the bald eagle`s chick
03-21-2005, 07:21 PM
thanks for your helpand suggestions. Only problem , hubby wont let me use his camera unless I learn how to use mine first. Oh well, I will keep on. See what you think of this pic.

DiJ
03-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Looks surprisingly good for a picture taken by a video cam. Just a bit of pixelation.

D70FAN
03-21-2005, 07:29 PM
thanks for your helpand suggestions. Only problem , hubby wont let me use his camera unless I learn how to use mine first. Oh well, I will keep on. See what you think of this pic.

Ask Bald Eagle to let you use Photoshop. Go into filter, video, de-interlace. Use the standard settings and deinterlace the picture. It will get rid of most of the lines. Hubby needs to fork out some bucks for a digital still camera.

While the colors and composition are nice video cameras are less than a megapixel and not the best image quality. You have a good eye, now you need a passable still camera. :) Here is your image de-interlaced: