PDA

View Full Version : SmugMug-the only hosting site...

rory tate
03-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi y'all

I took someone's advice (from here), went to SmugMug, went thru their demo and the simplicity blew me away. I immediately signed up, created a small site with 6 photos in about 10 minutes, and am totally satisfied with their product.
So if any of you have doubts about using a hosting site that is unclear, omitted instructions, etc, this is the place!
Here are a few photos I've taken (one posted here) around Oklahoma. Please let me know what you think. http://rory-tate.smugmug.com

best regards,
Rory

D70FAN
03-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Hi y'all

I took someone's advice (from here), went to SmugMug, went thru their demo and the simplicity blew me away. I immediately signed up, created a small site with 6 photos in about 10 minutes, and am totally satisfied with their product.
So if any of you have doubts about using a hosting site that is unclear, omitted instructions, etc, this is the place!
Here are a few photos I've taken (one posted here) around Oklahoma. Please let me know what you think. http://rory-tate.smugmug.com

best regards,
Rory

It would be nice if you could remember who sent you to smugmug, as they would get a $10 referral credit toward their renewal cost. :)

Yes it is the best hosting (free or fee) site I have tried, which is why I don't mind paying for it. The gallery format is wonderful and uploading doen't get any easier. And you can simply cut the smaller version later for posting.

behr655
03-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Very nice shots.

D70FAN
03-20-2005, 03:53 PM
Hi y'all

best regards,
Rory

Man, you have to love the 10D. It may be a couple of years old, but you seem to be able to use it as it was meant to be used. Very nice.

jewallace
03-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Beautiful images, I agree with you about SmugMug, it's the only way to go.

JTL
03-20-2005, 08:55 PM
If your'e not making your living at this, then you're misssing your calling! I've paid for photos not half as good...

scout_22
03-21-2005, 07:02 AM
Awesome pics.....Love those birds!!

rory tate
03-21-2005, 06:03 PM
I really appreciate the feedback as I'm traveling into new waters here. I am so impressed with the acknoweldgement and help found on this site. Where were y'all when I was 10? George, I just can't recall who told me about Smugmug.
Hopefully, I'll be able to set the site up to sell some of the images, as was so kindly suggested here.

I've added about 50 more photos.

Thanks again guys and gals.

Rory Tate
Canadian, OK

D70FAN
03-21-2005, 06:50 PM
I really appreciate the feedback as I'm traveling into new waters here. I am so impressed with the acknoweldgement and help found on this site. Where were y'all when I was 10? George, I just can't recall who told me about Smugmug.
Hopefully, I'll be able to set the site up to sell some of the images, as was so kindly suggested here.

I've added about 50 more photos.

Thanks again guys and gals.

Rory Tate
Canadian, OK

We could all have used this kind of help when we were 10. But we had to learn it out on the mean streets. :eek: