PDA

View Full Version : SD card for Powershot A510: size vs speed

mdeorbegoso
03-18-2005, 05:23 AM
Hello everyone, just a simple question: what sd card should I get for my Powershot A510?
Is it worth buying a high speed card, or will that be useless in the camera. I have to decide between a regular card or a 45x card, and I dont know what to do.
The other thing is brands, any suggestions or negatives: Sandisk, Kingston, Lexar, PQI??

thanks for your help :)

D70FAN
03-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Hello everyone, just a simple question: what sd card should I get for my Powershot A510?
Is it worth buying a high speed card, or will that be useless in the camera. I have to decide between a regular card or a 45x card, and I dont know what to do.
The other thing is brands, any suggestions or negatives: Sandisk, Kingston, Lexar, PQI??

thanks for your help :)

For the camera...doesn't matter. For downloading (especially above 512MB) and for future use, you might want to think ahead. The caveat to that is memory will always be cheap and getting cheaper.

I have used several PQI for about 2 years (Compact Flash) and they work fine. I have had problems with a 64MB Kingston in the past and may be having intermittant problems with a recent 512MB standard speed card as well.

I have a Standard Sandisk, and Ultra II card that also work fine.