PDA

View Full Version : SD500 Pics

JTL
03-17-2005, 11:12 PM
Just some samples from my SD500. All of the shots I've taken so far have been to test all of the modes in as many situations as possible. So, I don't really have any "worthy" pics yet. Serious shoting will start on 3/19...

Attached are Jane my cat (removed to make room), and Paul and Yammy, two of my guitars and Peggy my dog (removed to make room)...

Since I've never posted photos here before, I don't know how this will come out...and, I had had to seriously downsize my pics...

3/19: Added a pic from my terrace...shot with "Vivid" setting, -2/3 EV, 50 ISO...
3/20: Added an indoor flash shot to help people who may be considering this camera.. Just pointed and shot on auto. Not trying to compose, just a camera check-out shot...but notice the color detail on the plate on my sideboard. I love this camera...Also, added a shot of the Bloomberg Builbing taken right after I bought the camera last week. Shot on Auto. Look at the detail! Added some Costarican Money (bad weather makes you do strange things), shot with macro setting, no flash, everything else auto......

ProblemSolver
03-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Just some samples from my SD500. All of the shots I've taken so far have been to test all of the modes in as many situations as possible. So, I don't really have any "worthy" pics yet. Serious shoting will start on 3/19...

Attached are Jane, my cat and Paul and Yammy, two of my guitars and Peggy, my dog...

Since I've never posted photos here before, I don't know how this will come out...and, I had had to seriously downsize my pics...

Great pictures, I like pic 2 (Your guitars) the best. Indeed the SD500 produces very realistic and vivid colored pictures :D

speaklightly
03-18-2005, 07:48 AM
Congratulations! Very nice photos indded.

Sarah Joyce

gary_hendricks
03-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Your two guitars look great!

sherlock
03-18-2005, 02:54 PM

Attached are Jane, my cat and Paul and Yammy, two of my guitars and Peggy, my dog...

Hey,

I love the guitars! I play the bass, so I can understand the beauty of the guitar :D Nice photos otherwise, i like the pic of your cat with those big eyes! :rolleyes: Thanks for posting! (BTW, I downsize my pix to 750x520, and they all are uploadeable and they are still pretty big, so try that)

Andrew S.

JTL
03-18-2005, 05:11 PM
Wow! Thanks to everyone for the really nice comments. It really encourages to go out and do more shooting! When I get time (hopefully this weekend...and if the weather in NYC cooperates) I'll take some outdoor shots and post them. If I get ambitious, maybe I'll break out the tripod...

For those who liked the guitar shot...my Paul Reed Smith electric is easy to make look good in a photo. They make a great guitar. I highly recommend them. Now I'm inspired to take out all of my guitars and line them up a take a pic of all of them (like something that Nigel from Spinal Tap would do)! :p

Sherlock...thanks for the advice on the picture sizing....I will certainly try it out. Also, Peggy (my dog) read your reply and is jealous that you seem to like Jane better! :D

Thanks again everyone. This site is great.

JTL
03-20-2005, 02:37 PM
I added some more pics...

Weather is crap today...can't go outside and do my action shot tests...