PDA

View Full Version : Death by Porter truck!

Geoff Chandler
03-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Well - just thought I'd add a bit of fun!
Didn't see it at the time. ~ I was doing a few shots, a year back, of my Father in Law's Trains - all by indoor lights, a bit tricky as there was tungsten & fluorescent! But good old Manual White was there! Oly C-740. Not 100% certain of the settings - it was early days with the Oly I think it was F3.2 and about 1/8th sec hand held but wedged. Orig is full 3mp and quite a bit better detail. (Some of the shots had a touch of Camera shake.) Just goes to show that I needed to check my composition more, as I was so wrapped up in playing with the macro & the WB and the Fstops that I forgot all about the most important thing.... The picture Composition!!! :D

D70FAN
03-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Didn't see it at the time. ~ I was doing a few shots, a year back, of my Father in Law's Trains - all by indoor lights, a bit tricky as there was tungsten & fluorescent! But good old Manual White was there! Oly C-740. Not 100% certain of the settings - it was early days with the Oly I think it was F3.2 and about 1/8th sec hand held but wedged. Orig is full 3mp and quite a bit better detail. (Some of the shots had a touch of Camera shake.) Just goes to show that I needed to check my composition more, as I was so wrapped up in playing with the macro & the WB and the Fstops that I forgot all about the most important thing.... The picture Composition!!! :D

You can expect a subpoena from the guys family attorney. ;)

Thanks for the picture... A nice change of pace.

sherlock
03-18-2005, 04:52 PM

Hey,

Yup, everyone can learn from this, check the composition before shooting! I really like it though, keep posting!

Andrew S.