PDA

View Full Version : They say it's not possible

Geoff Chandler
03-11-2005, 04:05 PM
I got a new KM A-200 recently and was concerned about a lot of negative talk about it. No good Macro, poor focus in low light - well this was pretty low light (shady front room on a dull day) and macro. I also put it through it's paces to try to wrong foot it - and maybe my C-740 is simpler to use in Macro - but I did a low light (hard to focus?) shot with Flash - just to make it all wash out horribly - and the A-200 actually did a better job than the C-740.
Anyway - enough rembling - this is a non flash (softer) macro shot.(Freisas)
BTW yep, I used AS as it's called on the A-200, well? why not!

D70FAN
03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
I got a new KM A-200 recently and was concerned about a lot of negative talk about it. No good Macro, poor focus in low light - well this was pretty low light (shady front room on a dull day) and macro. I also put it through it's paces to try to wrong foot it - and maybe my C-740 is simpler to use in Macro - but I did a low light (hard to focus?) shot with Flash - just to make it all wash out horribly - and the A-200 actually did a better job than the C-740.
Anyway - enough rembling - this is a non flash (softer) macro shot.(Freisas)
BTW yep, I used AS as it's called on the A-200, well? why not!

Seems to work very well. You might want to lighten it up a little before printing and framing. ;)

palmbook
03-11-2005, 11:28 PM
Try close-up filters. They will help :)

gary_hendricks
03-12-2005, 08:52 AM
That's a lovely picture Geoff - well done!

Geoff Chandler
03-12-2005, 04:36 PM
Seems to work very well. You might want to lighten it up a little before printing and framing. ;)
Thanks for the comments - it's one of a few I took - some with flash some without just purely as experiments.
I like the against the sky shot palmbrook submitted - what was the camera & settings etc on that one??
I will take some'for real' photos sometime - as this was just one form a series of tests and experiments. I like to know how the camera handles before getting out there in the real world and not getting a shot.