PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Digimax 430

Germerican
08-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi Everybody,

I just found this forum browsing the internet and hope someone here will be able to help me out with the problem I have.
I also hope I'm posting in the right forum and should my question have already been answered somewhere else in this forum I apologize.

I have the following problem. I just bought a Samsung Digimax 430 for my mother in law. Everything seems to be fine with the camera, except it wears out the batteries in no time. They last maybe an hour or two max. We put the batteries that came with it in the camera and they were dead after a short time. We thought that the batteries may have been old so we put another two AA's in and the same thing happend. I have no idea what the problem could be.
Did anyone have a similar problem? Hope someone will be able to help me out.

Thank You,

Andy

Ben Miller
08-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Are the AAs you're using regular alkaline non-rechargeable cells? If so, then you're probably getting about all the lasting power out of them that's possible. Non-rechargeable batteries just don't last that long in digital cameras. You (or your mother-in-law) should look into a set of NiMH (not NiCd) rechargeable batteries and a charger. They'll work much better, and save you a lot of batteries in the long run.