PDA

View Full Version : New shots

Xenifide
03-08-2005, 08:52 AM
Taken with the Panasonic FZ20. Comments & suggestions appreciated.

1st picture was shot inside at an indoor fair. (F/2.8, 1/15, ISO200)
http://members.cox.net/xenifide/pictures/fair.JPG

2nd picture was shot as I was walking along a road. (F/5.6, 1/320, ISO80)
http://members.cox.net/xenifide/pictures/copter.JPG

3rd picture was shot this morning as I was hiking through some woods. (F/56, 1/320, ISO100)
I was attempting to get birds in flight, and it's much harder than it looks. Remember, I'm an amature and still learning. :D

http://members.cox.net/xenifide/pictures/hike.JPG

Feedback appreciated.

EAP
03-08-2005, 12:00 PM
Wow! That 1st picture is outstanding. Did you purposefully set out to blur the background, or did that just happen?

The other two pictures could benefit from additional zoom, some cropping, or including other elements in the photos to provide additional interest (i.e. waiting until the bird was low enough to include treetops, distant hills, etc.).

That said, they're all good pics.

Xenifide
03-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Wow! That 1st picture is outstanding. Did you purposefully set out to blur the background, or did that just happen?

Actually, I was trying to make it happen and out of 20 or so shots, that was the only shot that came out looking correct. The others would keep blurring him as well, where with this one I kind of 'followed' him around the turn.

The other two pictures could benefit from additional zoom, some cropping, or including other elements in the photos to provide additional interest (i.e. waiting until the bird was low enough to include treetops, distant hills, etc.).

That said, they're all good pics.

That all makes sense. I tried to get the helicopter with the treeline, but missed it and got it behind the treeline. :(

Thanks for the feedback and tips. :D

EAP
03-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Actually, I was trying to make it happen and out of 20 or so shots, that was the only shot that came out looking correct. The others would keep blurring him as well, where with this one I kind of 'followed' him around the turn.

That worked really well! Also, I like the way the color of his shirt matches the color on the inside top of the carousel. I'm sure you didn't plan that! :p All in all, just a really terrific photo.

Xenifide
03-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Thanks a lot for the feedback & you're correct... that wasn't planned at all. :D

some guy
03-09-2005, 07:14 AM
the first shot is very nice. It's a keeper dude! Did it involve some panning?

Geoff Chandler
03-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Hard work reaped its reward - as the previous post says - that's a keeper!
This is where digital is great! You can take as many as you care to, in order to get a shot like that - then, when you have it (and if you are away from your regular downloading point) you can just delete the unwanted ones.
I really like the whole effect on this one. If I were attempting it, I would probably try a First or second curtain flash (front or rear flash?) - but that wouldn't come out the same - this is just great! - the result of patience and perseverance. - well done.

Geoff Chandler

Xenifide
03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
the first shot is very nice. It's a keeper dude! Did it involve some panning?

Thanks. I'm not sure by what you mean (panning) but what I did was simply stand in one spot and as my son went by me, I snapped the picture and kept following him while it was taking.

Hard work reaped its reward - as the previous post says - that's a keeper!
This is where digital is great! You can take as many as you care to, in order to get a shot like that - then, when you have it (and if you are away from your regular downloading point) you can just delete the unwanted ones.
I really like the whole effect on this one. If I were attempting it, I would probably try a First or second curtain flash (front or rear flash?) - but that wouldn't come out the same - this is just great! - the result of patience and perseverance. - well done.

Thank you, thank you! Much appreciated.

What is a first and second curtain flash? I'm not exactly sure what you mean by that.

Thanks again. :)