PDA

View Full Version : Nickometer

Jake Conner
07-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Nick currently accounts for 22.4% of all posts. Rhys, could you please kidnap his GF (see picture in Pentax forums) and forcibly return her to the states so he may have a life again?

Jake

D70FAN
07-06-2004, 04:24 PM
C'mon Jake... Yer harshin' his buzz. First Ammendment and all that. Just look at all of the toil he's saving us. I bet if you track his posts they are comming from several Starbucks T-Mobile sites next door to a camera store.(commissions?). ;)

Dave Dilks
07-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Jake, while Nick may be dominating in terms of number of posts, I think that you (well, your sig) may have him beat in terms of sheer volume of posted material.

Ah, for the simpler days of the "Go Pistons!" signature. :)

Jake Conner
07-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Ok, Ok, you dirty b~stards, I'll shorten it. This better?

Jake Conner
07-06-2004, 09:11 PM
And Nick is now down to 18.75% Good job, gang! ;) And despite George's recent frivolous message campaign, I am the second full member of the new forums. :D

Jake

Nick
07-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Nuts, there's a thread dedicated to my posting habits!

Clarification: I ( often ) post from a shorefront rooftop, not Starbucks ;)

D70FAN
07-08-2004, 10:15 PM
There has to be Cafine, or better, up there somewhere.

Me? Frivolous? Ok from now on I'll keep it short and to the point. How am I doing so far? Is this good?

I can't believe that Andy doesn't like these little guys :rolleyes:

Incidently, Jeff there is a good reference site for beginners that Mr-Smith left up on the general discussions board.

Rhys
07-09-2004, 01:11 PM
Interesting. Nick seems to have posted in every single board - I wonder if it's a race?

Nick
07-21-2004, 06:19 AM
There, Jake is almost there ;)

Rhys
07-21-2004, 12:01 PM
I am going to get there, one day!

John_Reed
07-21-2004, 12:25 PM
I can't believe that Andy doesn't like these little guys :rolleyes:
I haven't seen any posts from Andy since he complained about the smiley faces. :confused: Is he off Gertie-ing? Or maybe I shouldn't have brought up the "C" thing - Us old guys can get sensitive to being called curmudgeons! :eek:

D70FAN
07-21-2004, 09:51 PM
I haven't seen any posts from Andy since he complained about the smiley faces. :confused: Is he off Gertie-ing? Or maybe I shouldn't have brought up the "C" thing - Us old guys can get sensitive to being called curmudgeons! :eek:

I dunno, there is something to be said for curmudgeons. We've al been called worse at some point. Hopefully he is on a Gertie tour.

Andy Baird
08-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks for asking, George (and others). I've pretty much been absent since the changeover. The new look is great, but the new threaded forums just confuse me, and the proliferation of duplicate, trivial and off-topic threads reminds me why I liked the old setup better. Maybe I'm just too old to learn new tricks...but it all seems like a lot more work than I want to put in, and the signal-to-noise ratio seems a lot lower than it used to be.

Besides, my mind is elsewhere these days. Running the Yahoo Lazy Daze group keeps me pretty busy...and retirement is only seven months away, so I have a lot of planning to do...and frankly, I'm happy with the "old" cameras I have now (Sony DSC-F707 and Minolta DiMAGE Xt), so there isn't much to talk about, since I'm not interested in new gear.

In short, I'm afraid I won't be around much from now on. Best regards to all, and happy shooting!

Andy Baird

D70FAN
08-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks for asking, George (and others). I've pretty much been absent since the changeover. The new look is great, but the new threaded forums just confuse me, and the proliferation of duplicate, trivial and off-topic threads reminds me why I liked the old setup better. Maybe I'm just too old to learn new tricks...but it all seems like a lot more work than I want to put in, and the signal-to-noise ratio seems a lot lower than it used to be.

Besides, my mind is elsewhere these days. Running the Yahoo Lazy Daze group keeps me pretty busy...and retirement is only seven months away, so I have a lot of planning to do...and frankly, I'm happy with the "old" cameras I have now (Sony DSC-F707 and Minolta DiMAGE Xt), so there isn't much to talk about, since I'm not interested in new gear.

In short, I'm afraid I won't be around much from now on. Best regards to all, and happy shooting!

Andy Baird

We'll be looking for your latest road trip reports on your web-site. Thanks for the 7 years of insight. Please pop in once in a while to let us know you are ok, and of course, now that I am a desert rat, if you decide to let Gertie visit home let me know, as I know Judy and Gary would like that as well.

Actually the SNR is quite low (not a good thing for those not technically oriented). Currently about 20dB I'm afraid. But you have to keep em honest, so we keep pluggin away.

Keep in touch.

George