PDA

View Full Version : Plz help me learn from my photos

EAP
03-06-2005, 11:44 AM
I did some experimenting with my camera on Saturday. I took quite a few photos of each subject, all at different exposures, modes, white balance settings, etc. These are the ones I think came out best. Comments welcome. I had a bit of a challenge because of the location of the sun...any tips on improving photos in this circumstance are especially welcome (other than the obvious one of waiting until the sun is in a different position). Oh, and the last shot is included just because it seems to epitomize the LA experience -- it could obviously be improved (but I was driving!). :rolleyes:

http://bethsadventurepics.smugmug.com/share/talbW4aLtJKOE

ktixx
03-06-2005, 12:09 PM
Nice shots. I really liked picture #16974328 (back view of the plane) The only recomendation I would have is with the second picture #16974325. The cocpit of the plane was cutoff and looks a little bit odd. When photographing people, they always say cut off only at joints, I would have to say with inanimate objects you should do the same (IE: main points of the image). If you were to frame so that the nose of the plane was in the bottom left hand corner, and the tail of the plane was in the top right, it would lead the eye a little better. Nice pictures overall! :)

EAP
03-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks. I couldn't frame that shot the way I wanted to because my camera's lens isn't wide angle enough, and there would have been an ugly railing in the way otherwise.

sherlock
03-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Thanks. I couldn't frame that shot the way I wanted to because my camera's lens isn't wide angle enough, and there would have been an ugly railing in the way otherwise.

Ahhh, the woes of every photographer.....