PDA

View Full Version : First ever sharing of my pix

kevinopp
03-01-2005, 10:03 PM
well, i've never posted any pictures online, but I figure it's time to get any feedback for my own improvement. Most of these were taken with my new Panasonic FZ20, but there's a few Elph pix in there too.

I don't care if you like them or not, but please leave a comment!!

Thanks!

sherlock
03-02-2005, 05:46 AM
Hey,

They are really nice pix! The first one is a litlle over-exposed though. Thanks and keep sharing!

Andrew S.

some guy
03-02-2005, 08:03 AM
i like the third one. the soft shadows play well with the scene.

kevinopp
03-02-2005, 05:36 PM
thanks for the feedback. since i'm new to this world, are there other "photo-sharing" websites out there? since it looks like a new hobby for me, i'd like to keep posting to share and improve my own technique.

kevinopp
03-02-2005, 05:39 PM
and sherlock, thanks for the thoughts on the overexposure. the shot was more or less a fluke--other shots in that series look NOTHING like that one. the sun just caught in the top left and blasted away any detail there, which was reproduced in the lake reflection. i love how it tuned the scenery into an oval---

kevinopp
03-02-2005, 05:48 PM
what the hey. i'll throw some more up there. too much time on my hands.

(sherlock, the 1st in the series is the mate to the shot that we discussed--different season)

ReF
03-02-2005, 06:17 PM
i like P1010363.jpg the best. where was that taken at?

kevinopp
03-02-2005, 09:44 PM
thanks--that's a picture of arkville, new york, taken from margaretville, NY.

here's the original w/ the color. nice, but the b&w conversion really captured it for me.

sherlock
03-03-2005, 05:53 AM
Hey Kevinopp,

These are very good photographs, and your welcome for my comments. I see what I see I guess! The second list of pix were just as amazing. Very good job and please keep posting!

Andrew S.

ReF
03-04-2005, 03:55 AM
thanks--that's a picture of arkville, new york, taken from margaretville, NY.

here's the original w/ the color. nice, but the b&w conversion really captured it for me.

converting it to black and white sure made a whole world of difference! i did notice that there was a small dark area on the top right corner that could easily be cloned out. thanks for the info

ProblemSolver
03-04-2005, 04:45 AM
Nice pictures! I think the 1st photo's the best.

Most of these were taken with my new Panasonic FZ20, but there's a few Elph pix in there too.

What Elph did you use?

kevinopp
03-04-2005, 06:09 PM
wow, you're right about that dark spot. i actually had it as my desktop image, but it was zoomed in a bit to fit, and that spot didn't show on my screen.

i figure it's a natural progression for me to enjoy the photography, and then start to play with the shots on my computer, and start to investigate the world of digital manipulation. right now, about the most i've done was hit the b&W button.

kevinopp
03-07-2005, 03:43 PM
ProblemSolver
Nice pictures! I think the 1st photo's the best.

What Elph did you use?

a powershot s230 that my sister gave me as a hand me down. that shot you like was an elph shot.