PDA

View Full Version : explain what it means

david93
02-26-2005, 06:33 AM
im a new a75 digi user and im planning to buy 512 CF MEMORY CARD 12x BY LEXAR; i read one desription on the internet stating
"The camera will not allow additional pictures to be taken until Camera transfers images from the Buffer to the CF Card."

could u explain what it means before i buy a new cf card. is 512 cf card is compatible with a75? if it is, would it be slower? :confused:

can A75 handle 1GB CF?

kgosden
02-26-2005, 07:49 AM
I cannot say for certian that the A75 will work with a 1GB card. However, in general there are no definite size limits built into the compact flash system that would prevent it from working. The CF interface standard supports any size card. Just like full sized computers, the processor in the camera might have some memory addressing limitations. All cameras that I have worked with using CF cards have no problem with 1GB.

The statement about the camera buffer is not directly related to the size of the memory card. All cameras have at least some internal memory to hold the image while processing it. Some can hold multiple images while writing them to the memory card. Memory cards are which use 'flash' technologies to enable storing bits without power are much slower when being written to than the battery powered internal RAM buffer. Some cameras will beneifit from using higher speed memory cards. If the cameras memory controller can push the data from the buffer to the card more quickly then you will have room on the camera's buffer to take a photo sooner.

David Metsky
02-27-2005, 07:32 PM
The statement means that if the CF card is too slow, you have to wait until the internal camera buffer writes out the pictures or video to the CF card before you can capture more images. It doesn't relate to the size of the card, but to the write speed.