PDA

View Full Version : Jeff: Ever do updates?

keymaker
02-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Question for Jeff: In the case of a firmware update or product revision do you ever update the reviews and/or comment on how these might affect the camera? Obviously, that would be tough to do for every update and I appreciate the constraints on your time.

The reason I ask is that I am considering the Pro-1 from Canon now that the price has lowered and now that some have said a true successor may not be coming. The Pro-1 had a firmware update in December 04 (reported better focusing, no LCD freeze, faster zooming) that forum users seem to rave about as addressing many/most of the camera's weaknesses and I am wondering how the updated Pro-1 might stack up against the 8mp field (including the A200 which has since been introduced)? If you did this already and I missed it, I apologize. :)

Jeff Keller
02-25-2005, 02:14 PM
Question for Jeff: In the case of a firmware update or product revision do you ever update the reviews and/or comment on how these might affect the camera? Obviously, that would be tough to do for every update and I appreciate the constraints on your time.

The reason I ask is that I am considering the Pro-1 from Canon now that the price has lowered and now that some have said a true successor may not be coming. The Pro-1 had a firmware update in December 04 (reported better focusing, no LCD freeze, faster zooming) that forum users seem to rave about as addressing many/most of the camera's weaknesses and I am wondering how the updated Pro-1 might stack up against the 8mp field (including the A200 which has since been introduced)? If you did this already and I missed it, I apologize. :)

There are so many new cameras coming in all the time that I rarely have time to go back and update old reviews. Unless something really significant has changed and I have free time, it usually doesn't happen.

keymaker
02-25-2005, 02:20 PM
I figured that was probably the case - certainly understandable. Thanks for your quick response and keep up the good, no great, work!