PDA

View Full Version : Bad CF card?

ktdtx
02-23-2005, 07:43 PM
Excited about my new Powershot G6. Followed the Quick Start instructions-took a few photos, can see them in the playback mode on the camera.
Want to see what they look like on the computer-Remove the 32 meg CF card which came with the camera, stick it into the appropriate slot on my computer and click "my computer" to open--locks it up--"not responding". Get out of there, open Paint Shop Pro 9 and try to access the card-locks the program.

Take the card to work-try another computer-does the same thing. Take the Canon 32 meg card and put it in my Nikon 990-doesn't work. Get the Lexar 128 meg card from my Nikon and put it in the Canon G6 and it works-can take pictures and view them onthe computer.

Put the Canon 32 meg card back into the Canon G6, format it and try all the above again-same results.
Do I have a brand new bad CF card from canon??

Thanks
Ken

jewallace
02-23-2005, 08:45 PM
If you put the card in a card reader it should look like any other drive on your computer with removable media. If Windows gives you an error, it's not the camera. The good news cards are cheap.

ssidlov
03-11-2005, 06:31 PM
You don't say what OS you are using. IF it's XP, XP will understand PictBrige mode on your camera, so if you have a USB cable for the camera, put the card in it, and attach the camera and see if you can get to the pictures.

gary_hendricks
03-12-2005, 08:13 AM
What operating system are you using?