PDA

View Full Version : Help! Card or Camera?

Momto4boyz
02-23-2005, 11:34 AM
I have an almost 2 year old Olympus C4000z which I love but I am having problems with it lately and have no clue if the problem exists with the camera or the smartmedia cards.

When I put my cards in (does not matter which one I have 3) I am getting error message that I need to format the card(s). I have been using these cards for quite awhile and have not had this problem till about a month ago.

Because of this problem I have lost all my photos on one card. Last night in happened, I had photos of my day care kids on this card. No matter what I used (camera, card reader, floppy drive reader, or Picturemate) none of these would read the photos on the card. The camera just kept showing the message that the card needed to be formated. so I gave in and formated the card. It then allowed me to use it and take photos.

This morning I got up and turned on my camera and took some test photos and after taking the photos I wanted to view them, the camera showed the error message again that I needed to format the card. I put the card into the Picturemate to see if that would read the photos and the message came up on there "The insterted card cannot be used with this printer. See your printer manual for help"

Anyone have any idea what is wrong here?

RichC
02-24-2005, 02:34 PM
Try this site...hope it helps: http://www.sallyandsteve.dsl.pipex.com/smartmedia/