PDA

View Full Version : Photo Sharing advice?

Digideb
02-23-2005, 09:44 AM
Are there some experienced members here who would like to offer advice or recommend a photo sharing site so some of us newbies can "play" in the Gallery, also? :)
I'd be interested in learning what to expect from free or paid sites, pros, cons, suggestions? :confused:

Norm in Fujino
02-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Digideb, you might check first with your internet provider. Many of them offer their customers free server space for home-built websites; if so, then you can upload your photographs to your web space and save the hassle of using a third-party service.

Digideb
02-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Thanks, for the advice, Norm. :) I also read your reply on the other thread. My IP is through Earthlink, so maybe they would offer such a thing. Setting up a personal website might be difficult for a low-tech newbie like me, but I'll consider it.
I know when I email my pix with "My Pictures", it has a window pop up that downsizes the pic. for me.(not sure how small, I just click "OK") I was considering emailing myself a pic. & then trying to post it here. (?)
I don't have "Paint Pro",etc. only an "Adobe Starter" of some sort. I'm an "oddball" in digicam world. :o I mostly print my pix & I have little or no interest in altering my photos. My challenge & desire is to strive for getting the best shot with the camera only. :rolleyes:

Digideb
02-23-2005, 12:07 PM
For those newbies out there that are tech-challenged, like me, I'd like to share my method of posting pix on this forum. If you have Windows XP & My Pictures, maybe it'll work for you,too. It sounds kinda convoluted, but it's not hard to do.
I chose a pic. from My Pictures & emailed to myself, using the email downsizing box. Then, the file is reduced so it can be used on this forum. I sent it to my Yahoo address so in a min. or 2, I get a "pop up" telling me the message is in. Then, I go to my Yahoo Mail, right click on the pic. & then "Save picture as..." & put the pic. back in My Pictures as a separate file. Now, it's all ready to go "browse" for & attach here for posting.
Maybe there's a better way, but this method worked for me. ;)