PDA

View Full Version : Problem with smilies

Jeff Keller
08-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Is anyone able to get the smilies thing to the right of the text entry box to work anymore? Clicking on a smilie does not work for me anymore.

John_Reed
08-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Is anyone able to get the smilies thing to the right of the text entry box to work anymore? Clicking on a smilie does not work for me anymore. Aha! I think it heralds the return of Andy Baird! ;-) Actually Jeff, I don't think any of the controls work around the text entry box at the moment, including smilies, images, hyperlinks, italics, etc., you name it. It looks like only the "Post Icons" are working.

D70FAN
08-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Is anyone able to get the smilies thing to the right of the text entry box to work anymore? Clicking on a smilie does not work for me anymore.

Let's try :) :D ;)...

Seems to work.

That's what you get for all that hard work. Everybody else's system works except the creator.

Did you try logging in? ;)

John_Reed
08-13-2004, 04:15 PM
Let's try :) :D ;)...

Seems to work.

That's what you get for all that hard work. Everybody else's system works except the creator.

Did you try logging in? ;)It still doesn't work for me, either. Jeff, have we got us a "Mac-Only" or "Safari-Only" problem here? I'll try logging in with IE and see if I get the same results.

John_Reed
08-13-2004, 04:21 PM
It still doesn't work for me, either. Jeff, have we got us a "Mac-Only" or "Safari-Only" problem here? I'll try logging in with IE and see if I get the same results.Well, so much for the Safari issue. This login came through IE, and I can't access any of the icons around the text-entry box either, except for the "Post Icons," as before. George, what system and browser are you using?

D70FAN
08-13-2004, 04:45 PM
Well, so much for the Safari issue. This login came through IE, and I can't access any of the icons around the text-entry box either, except for the "Post Icons," as before. George, what system and browser are you using?

Currently using an IBM T41 with IE 6.0 and XP-SP1.

Did you check to make sure that you have smiles turned on in the characteristics box under posting rules?

John_Reed
08-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Currently using an IBM T41 with IE 6.0 and XP-SP1.

Did you check to make sure that you have smiles turned on in the characteristics box under posting rules?Yep. Everything is ON except for "html code."

Jeff Keller
08-13-2004, 09:03 PM
You can use none of the editing tools above the text entry box? For some reason in Firefox I don't see the Smilies window on the right side, but I have it above the text box, and it works. Dunno what it's there in Safari but not Firefox.

John_Reed
08-13-2004, 09:09 PM
You can use none of the editing tools above the text entry box? For some reason in Firefox I don't see the Smilies window on the right side, but I have it above the text box, and it works. Dunno what it's there in Safari but not Firefox.Jeff, none of the tools above the box work, nor do the smilies, for me. I tried the same thing earlier with Explorer (v5.2), with the same result. The "prompts" work, but there's no action when I click any of the icons. I do know that all the tools worked before you switched over to the new scenario.

John_Reed
08-13-2004, 09:19 PM
Jeff, none of the tools above the box work, nor do the smilies, for me. I tried the same thing earlier with Explorer (v5.2), with the same result. The "prompts" work, but there's no action when I click any of the icons. I do know that all the tools worked before you switched over to the new scenario.Me again, this time from IE 5.2 from home. Same result. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a Java incompatibility? I just upgraded Java the other day from Apple's auto download feature. Think that could have anything to do with it? It looks like those icons can be pushed, but nothing executes when they're pushed. Also, I'm running the latest Mac OS X version - 10.3.5. Any difference there?

D70FAN
08-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Hi Guys,

Now I'm at home with a home brew AMD 2400+ running IE6 on XP-SP1.

Me thinks its an Apple pie problem.

S'not a problem on PC's> :)

John_Reed
08-13-2004, 10:40 PM
Hi Guys,

Now I'm at home with a home brew AMD 2400+ running IE6 on XP-SP1.

Me thinks its an Apple pie problem.

S'not a problem on PC's> :)Hey George, in your "Posting Rules," does it say "HTML code is Off," or "HTML code is On?" Mine says "Off."

D70FAN
08-14-2004, 08:24 AM
Hey George, in your "Posting Rules," does it say "HTML code is Off," or "HTML code is On?" Mine says "Off."

HTML code is OFF. Everything else is ON.

Sorry, I was watching the O' Games opening ceremonies last night.

John_Reed
08-14-2004, 08:36 AM
HTML code is OFF. Everything else is ON.

Sorry, I was watching the O' Games opening ceremonies last night.Yah, that's the same as mine says. But it's acting like all those other parameters are also OFF. Curious, but not much I can do about it.

Rhys
08-14-2004, 11:17 AM
:confused:

Well, that's a smilie test: Mozilla 1.5 and XP Pro

John_Reed
08-14-2004, 03:55 PM
:confused:

Well, that's a smilie test: Mozilla 1.5 and XP ProIt still ain't working. :-( :confused: <-- except when I copied and pasted YOUR smiley onto my post, then it shows up. So the problem is that my buttons aren't causing any code to execute.

John_Reed
08-14-2004, 09:24 PM
It still ain't working. :-( :confused: <-- except when I copied and pasted YOUR smiley onto my post, then it shows up. So the problem is that my buttons aren't causing any code to execute. :rolleyes: Now it's working, albeit very slowly. I'm running Virtual PC 6, with Windows XP, on my Mac. The fact that the buttons work here tells me that something isn't working properly when your code tries to execute on the Mac. Let me know when it's fixed, OK? :(

Jeff Keller
08-14-2004, 10:47 PM
I think I see the problem... it's related to the new template. I'm gonna play around and see if I can figure it out.

Jeff Keller
08-14-2004, 11:30 PM
I think I got everything fixed... smilies are working for me again! :)

Jake Conner
08-15-2004, 12:39 PM
:) :) :) Working on iBook G4 800/OS X.3.4/Firefox 0.9.2