PDA

View Full Version : No Review of Pentax *ist DS?

Polara
02-17-2005, 01:52 PM
The list of upcoming reviews does not seem to include the Pentax *ist DS. I'm hoping you will be able to get to this one soon. Your reviews are the best! Thanks.

Rex914
02-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Jeff will review as many cameras as he can, but if the manufacturer doesn't send him a copy, he can't review it. I'm sure that a few people here would love to see a review of this great camera too.

Jeff Keller
02-18-2005, 10:53 AM
I have a really hard time getting things from Pentax. I do want to review the *ist DS, but Pentax has to cooperate... :rolleyes:

gary_hendricks
02-20-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm eagerly awaiting that too.

robbobo
07-25-2005, 12:51 AM
I am assuming that Pentax never sent Jeff an *ist DS to review. Is it likely that the same thing will happen with the DL?

I don't understand it. Steves-digicams gets Pentax cameras to review. Jeff reviews good cameras favorably. I think the latest Pentax DSLR's are decent.
What is Pentax afraid of?

jeisner
07-25-2005, 05:04 AM
Pentax's marketing is downright pathetic, always has been... Even dpreview got the DS months after its release..

Pentax have gotten rid of the seperate marketing company doing their marketing for them, and pulled it in house, and there is some improvment, hopefully that continues... only time will tell...

Regarding Steve, I think he sourced the camera himself rather than relying on Pentax...

Jeff Keller
07-25-2005, 10:35 AM
I am assuming that Pentax never sent Jeff an *ist DS to review. Is it likely that the same thing will happen with the DL?

I don't understand it. Steves-digicams gets Pentax cameras to review. Jeff reviews good cameras favorably. I think the latest Pentax DSLR's are decent.
What is Pentax afraid of?

I don't get ANYTHING from Pentax anymore. Despite repeated promises from their PR person (initials MM) we don't get press releases or review cameras. So now I don't even mention their products anymore.

NeoteriX
07-25-2005, 11:08 AM
So now I don't even mention their products anymore.

Ouch. ;)

Their loss I suppose :)

Rhys
07-25-2005, 12:10 PM
I don't get ANYTHING from Pentax anymore. Despite repeated promises from their PR person (initials MM) we don't get press releases or review cameras. So now I don't even mention their products anymore.

Pretty much my experience of Pentax UK about 15 years ago. I see nothing much has changed.

Rex914
07-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Pentax's profits this year have fallen 42% according to DPReview. If they want that number to jump any higher, they can keep on doing what they're doing, or they can acknowledge that they have a problem and attempt to fix it.