PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room?

Rex914
02-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Have you considered opening a chatroom (IRC or custom) for DCRP where users can help others choose the right cameras, exchange pictures, etc.? I guess it would take extra effort to moderate and keep under control, but it'd give some users more realtime feedback than what the forums can provide.

Rhys
08-24-2005, 09:03 AM
Have you considered opening a chatroom (IRC or custom) for DCRP where users can help others choose the right cameras, exchange pictures, etc.? I guess it would take extra effort to moderate and keep under control, but it'd give some users more realtime feedback than what the forums can provide.

MSN blocked Britain from accessing its online chatrooms because British law meant MSN could be prosecuted if paedophiles used the chatrooms for picking up children. It didn't matter whether the paedophiles or the children or both were in another country. If the conversation could be accessed, they were liable.

Personally, I don't think a lot of online chat rooms. They tend to fill up with children posting obscenities all the time.