PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic FZ50 focus screen interference??

patanga
12-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi folks. I'm new to this forum and a bit of a novice when it comes to using my FZ50. I have had my FZ50 in for repairs due to focus issues that it was having and when it came back I was told it had the main circuit board replaced. One of the issues prior to the repair was that the view finder screen would turn a vertical series of purple / pink lines and or haze as I was focusing. Whatever they fixed seemed to overcome the focus problems but the haze or interference issue still remains. I took it back to the repairer to be rectified but they told me it was normal for the model. Can anyone tell me what might cause this on the FZ50 and if it is normal?... It doesn't seem right to me. Cheers and thanks.

Honest Gaza
12-25-2009, 04:44 PM
There are some comments on DPReview forums where people would get a pink contrast showing in the EVF that did not show up in the final photos.....so it may be a "known" issue.

(you may get more responses by posting this in the "General" Panasonic forum rather than the DSLR forum. The FZ50 is "like" an SLR, but is not an SLR)