PDA

View Full Version : How do you quote others in your reply?

EAP
02-04-2005, 11:21 AM
There is nothing I could find on the site that explains how to do this. I hit the "quote" button at the bottom of the person's post that I want to quote, but I do not get the nice little quote box when I do this. It just includes the word Quote in brackets in my reply screen. I don't get it. :confused:

Ray Schnoor
02-04-2005, 11:45 AM
There is nothing I could find on the site that explains how to do this. I hit the "quote" button at the bottom of the person's post that I want to quote, but I do not get the nice little quote box when I do this. It just includes the word Quote in brackets in my reply screen. I don't get it. :confused:

If you do not get the nice little quote box when you do this, you have deleted the end quote in brackets when you are editing your message.

Rhys
02-04-2005, 11:46 AM

You're seeing the text formatting commands. If I type in [ b ] (without the spaces) [ /b ] then you'll see it like I typed it. After you past the message you'd see (without the spaces). It's just that you can see what's happening and edit it more easily. It's very basic html.

EAP
02-04-2005, 01:43 PM
You're seeing the text formatting commands. If I type in [ b ] (without the spaces) [ /b ] then you'll see it like I typed it. After you past the message you'd see (without the spaces). It's just that you can see what's happening and edit it more easily. It's very basic html.

Thank you. I don't know html.

pmnapier
02-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Thank you. I don't know html.
Don't worry about the HTML. As you know, you'll see there is a bracketed QUOTE at the beginning and end of the selection to be quoted. Start your response on the next line. If you want to omit some of the quote, just select what you want omitted and delete it. Just make sure you don't delete the bracketed QUOTE at the beginning and end. Press the "Preview Post" button before you post to see if you got it right.