PDA

View Full Version : Will Formating delete?

Sarahaha
02-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Whenever I connect my camera via USB it asks me whether I want to format. I've been told by someone that this deletes the pictures on the camera. I still want to have those pictures to develop. So will formatting delete them? Is there a way around it?

John_Reed
02-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Whenever I connect my camera via USB it asks me whether I want to format. I've been told by someone that this deletes the pictures on the camera. I still want to have those pictures to develop. So will formatting delete them? Is there a way around it?Leave the formatting to the camera. Tell the computer you don't want to format, and transfer your images. Then, before you use the camera for shooting more pictures, re-format the card (or just erase the previous images) in the camera. But by that time, your downloaded photos should be safely stored in the computer!

Sarahaha
02-01-2005, 12:22 PM
Thanks John,

Everytime I tell the computer not to format, it refuses to show me my images which, well is exactly the problem, do you know what's going on here? FYI-I'm connecting the USB cord to H:drive.
I'm brand new to digital cameras. And I'm thinking I'll go back to my webcam and scanner :o

sensovision
03-02-2005, 02:03 PM
hello Sarahaha! have you tried to format your memory card at camera and PC still ask you to format it? if so I could assume that something is wrong with your camera or memory card, maybe you or some of your friends have card reader? I always use card reader as downloading images throuh camera cable always cause me troubles.
sorry if my answer wasn't really helpful :-\