PDA

View Full Version : Sandisk Ultra 256 ok?

rarnold2000
01-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Hi and Help,

I just bought a Kodak 7440 after months of research. It seems to meet my needs as a digital newbee. Now I have two questions, one about the battery and the other about the SD card.
The camera comes with a KLIC 5000 Lithium ion battery. A well respected camera reviewer suggests using a KLIC 5001, instead--lasts longer ,charges quicker, etc., etc. So I bought it. Then read the Kodak manual which clearly indicates that the 5001 is not compatable with the model 7440. The battery is fatter, but does fit tightly in the compartment. It seemed fine when a took a couple of pictures. Am I ok with it despite Kodak's warning?
Also bought a 256 Sandisk Ultra II SD card, thinking it would be faster and great for short videos of the grandkids. THEN I read in the Kodak manual that 7440 compatability with the Ultra and other high speed SD cards is not guaranteed. What in the world does that mean? Should I return the Ultra card? Is there any way using it would harm, corrupt, or in any way do damage to the camera, pictures, functions, or anything else? I'm going away at the end of the week to ski and take some nice pictures, I hope. Would really appreciate responses. Sorry, don't speak or understand techie so good. Thanks

kimnicho
02-08-2005, 09:11 PM
I would definitely keep the card...Kodak is just saying that depending on the maximum write/read speed of the camera, it might not FULLY utilize the highest speed card but don't fret - a high-speed card won't hurt it AT ALL - it will simply only let it go so fast....as for the battery, can you email the reviewer? I'm more cautious about batteries since they can corrode, explode, etc....

gary_hendricks
02-10-2005, 05:11 AM
Hi and Help,

I just bought a Kodak 7440 after months of research. It seems to meet my needs as a digital newbee. Now I have two questions, one about the battery and the other about the SD card.
The camera comes with a KLIC 5000 Lithium ion battery. A well respected camera reviewer suggests using a KLIC 5001, instead--lasts longer ,charges quicker, etc., etc. So I bought it. Then read the Kodak manual which clearly indicates that the 5001 is not compatable with the model 7440. The battery is fatter, but does fit tightly in the compartment. It seemed fine when a took a couple of pictures. Am I ok with it despite Kodak's warning?
Also bought a 256 Sandisk Ultra II SD card, thinking it would be faster and great for short videos of the grandkids. THEN I read in the Kodak manual that 7440 compatability with the Ultra and other high speed SD cards is not guaranteed. What in the world does that mean? Should I return the Ultra card? Is there any way using it would harm, corrupt, or in any way do damage to the camera, pictures, functions, or anything else? I'm going away at the end of the week to ski and take some nice pictures, I hope. Would really appreciate responses. Sorry, don't speak or understand techie so good. Thanks

1. I don't think there's an issue with the 5001 lithium ion.
2. I've never heard of SanDisk 256MB Ultra II giving problems on a 7440.