PDA

View Full Version : Port Fairy

forno
04-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Hey people!

Went away over Easter and got a shot of the light house, give me some C&C:)

http://forno.smugmug.com/photos/524841326_ctmSv-L.jpg

Nickcanada
04-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Nothing to C&C here! looks great!

forno
04-30-2009, 05:59 AM
:p

Hows things? havent been here for ages:o

Clyde
04-30-2009, 07:56 AM

What he said. You can see shadows, and into them. It's almost as if you had a fill flash going at that distance! Great composition, color, clouds. Make a nice big print.

Ta

Nickcanada
04-30-2009, 08:47 AM
:p

Hows things? havent been here for ages:o

Ahh, things are good! I made a bunch of light modifiers for my flashes the other week. I'll probably share with everyone soon but I've been thinking about this dream I had last night all day.

I was walking around the back hallways of the Pittsburgh penguins arena (NHL Hockey) after a playoff game and I walk by my mom giving an interview for some reason. She was discussing religion so I just kept walking. Then I see Sidney Crosby (one of the best players in the world) walk out of the dressing room fallowed by another player I don't know. I say good luck to the guy and a reporter walks over and asks the player his name and he says "It's me" and then he starts singing an awesome song I've never heard. Then I snap awake and realize I was the player.... messed up. :eek::D

Anyway, how have you been? ;) lol

Flossmoor40D
04-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Great pic.

cpaussie
04-30-2009, 05:59 PM
Nice photo Forno, I like the colours and composition. :)
Which lens did you use?

TheObiJuan
04-30-2009, 09:36 PM
Excellent contrast of the orange roof to the deep blue sky, the waves show motion against the rigidity of the tower.
The drama filled sky adds to the plain white paint of the lightower, and the red door is perfect.
Well captured and exposed.
I would have liked to see it larger. 800px at the long/wide end usually.

michaelb
05-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey people!

Went away over Easter and got a shot of the light house, give me some C&C:)

Cool shot forno, although that small size doesn't to it justice.

Ahh, things are good! I made a bunch of light modifiers for my flashes the other week. ....

Looking forward to seeing 'em Nick.

StephenC
05-01-2009, 08:43 PM
I agree, no criticisms here. It's beautifully composed and well exposed. A really striking picture.

forno
05-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Lens used was the 17-55, cant remeber the full exif, I will post it up later tonight