PDA

View Full Version : Hardeep and Komal

faisal
04-16-2009, 03:30 AM
They were on vacation in Dubai to celebrate their second wedding anniversary and had asked me to snap their shots....I just started editing them today. So here's a preview just to get your inputs on the exposure as I'm still using the crappy netbook screen to edit...C&C is also welcome...

1)
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q121/faisal7/400D/IMG_0176.jpg
1/200, 22mm, f5, ISO 100 (with some fill flash)

Viky
04-16-2009, 04:02 AM
Nice shot and great capture of emotions! Exposure looks ok on my screen, but i can see a distinct yellow-green cast to the image. Pardon me if that was intentional:)

faisal
04-16-2009, 04:25 AM
That was intentional..but is the yellow-green cast a little too much cause it seems fine on my screen...also does the PP look fine overall???

Rooz
04-16-2009, 06:11 AM
i think the exposure looks great but i think you may have got that exposure right from the PP rather than the original. i say that cos imo, your jacked up contrast and PP have crushed your dynamic range. i bet your histogram has gaps all over it. i really quite like that greeny/ gold colour cast aswell.

i like the expression of the guy but i find his head merging with the building distracting and her position looks quite awkward.

faisal
04-16-2009, 07:39 AM
i think the exposure looks great but i think you may have got that exposure right from the PP rather than the original. i say that cos imo, your jacked up contrast and PP have crushed your dynamic range. i bet your histogram has gaps all over it. i really quite like that greeny/ gold colour cast aswell.

i like the expression of the guy but i find his head merging with the building distracting and her position looks quite awkward.

Yeah...the exposure was fixed in PP...I had under exposed by half a stop (due to the rising sun behind the buildings) which I compensated in PP while adding equal amounts of black clipping & Fill light with a slight change in ToneCurve(+lights, -darks) though contrast was kept quite low at 30...I'm editing in Lightroom btw...

Unfortunately all similar shots were taken at the same angle so can't do much about the head merging with the building....

Thanks for the inputs....

adam75south
04-16-2009, 07:51 AM
great shot faisal. i think they'll love this image and will keep in on their wall forever. if it were my pictures i'd be VERY happy. you got a great expression out of them and the background clearly shows where they are. i think that's all anyone really wants out of a vacation shot.

TenD
04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
I notice a strong green/yellow cast also, maybe too much for me, but I think that may have been what you are after. There are some strange angles going on here: the dock has a strong lean to the right while the buildings(judging from their vertical lines)have a bit of a lean to the left.

Devina
04-16-2009, 10:17 AM
Am just a layman so can't talk much in technical terms... but it's a brilliant picture, and if it were me in that pic, I'd frame it on my wall, possibly blow it up ... cute one...

faisal
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM
great shot faisal. i think they'll love this image and will keep in on their wall forever. if it were my pictures i'd be VERY happy. you got a great expression out of them and the background clearly shows where they are. i think that's all anyone really wants out of a vacation shot.

Thanks Adam... :)

nice shot and i think you manage to capture the emotions and mood of the couple, good jobhttp://photosnag.com/img/3322/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif

Thanks fast1.:)

I notice a strong green/yellow cast also, maybe too much for me, but I think that may have been what you are after. There are some strange angles going on here: the dock has a strong lean to the right while the buildings(judging from their vertical lines)have a bit of a lean to the left.

I wish I had a calibrated screen to get that green/yellow cast spot on....It is deliberate but I want it to a limit....and it seems to meet that limit on my screen but mines just a netbook screen.

Well I shot this one with my UWA at 22mm....I just checked it up in photoshop and what you have noticed is true...odd!! Is that something to do with the lens cause I thought that at 22mm, the 10-22mm hardly has any distortion...will fix it later in post processing...Thanks

Am just a layman so can't talk much in technical terms... but it's a brilliant picture, and if it were me in that pic, I'd frame it on my wall, possibly blow it up ... cute one...

Thanks Dee.... :)

2)
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q121/faisal7/400D/IMG_0114.jpg
85mm, 1/400, f2.5, ISO 100

Elisha
04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
looks very nice. what colour was the water originally?

adam75south
04-16-2009, 01:30 PM
yes sir, that second one is niiiice! i think i'd prefer less vignette, but that's to taste. great shot!

faisal
04-17-2009, 02:03 AM
looks very nice. what colour was the water originally?

Thanks....Well it usually greenish blue..but in this case the water was reflecting the colour of the sky which was yellowish due to the rising sun...

yes sir, that second one is niiiice! i think i'd prefer less vignette, but that's to taste. great shot!

Thanks....Vignette might be preferred by the client(even though I'm not too keen on it either)...have send them three shots(including the next one) to see what they think.... :)

3) Let me know if the Vignetting works...a little harsh but works for my friend who has seen it....
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q121/faisal7/400D/IMG_0361.jpg
22mm, 1/320, f4.5, ISO 100

Rooz
04-17-2009, 02:37 AM
really like the last 2. she is a pretty girl though so i hope you have some shots with her face showing. be a bit careful about PP fais. alot of work is going into these and that can seriously impact the quality of larger size prints.

faisal
04-17-2009, 03:23 AM
really like the last 2. she is a pretty girl though so i hope you have some shots with her face showing. be a bit careful about PP fais. alot of work is going into these and that can seriously impact the quality of larger size prints.

Thanks Rooz....I have atleast a dozen of her doing some modeling poses... :)

I took about 600 shots (:eek:), so for almost every pose I have 2-3 shots of them so I'm trying to keep at least one of them close to original i.e small adjustments with exposure, saturation and contrast...I guess that's the only way to work around the issue of too much PP though that's extra work for me....not that I have anything else to do... ;) :rolleyes:

Rooz
04-17-2009, 05:03 AM
good idea, and good for practice too cos your PP skills have taken on another level, its really impresive. why dont you post some shots that are closer to the original aswell.

faisal
04-17-2009, 05:08 AM
good idea, and good for practice too cos your PP skills have taken on another level, its really impresive. why dont you post some shots that are closer to the original aswell.

Yes Sir!!!! :)

and thanks!!! Lightroom is a great place to experiment...!! :cool:

gilly
04-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Great work Faisal!

faisal
04-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Great work Faisal!

Thanks gilly....

Rooz, here is the only shot yet that I could find with minimal PP and shows her face as well...

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q121/faisal7/400D/IMG_0224.jpg
85mm, 1/200, f2.8, ISO 100

michaelb
04-17-2009, 01:52 PM
I like the 2nd and 3rd faisal, althouth the vignetting in the 3rd is a little much for me. I like the last one as well, but I would bring down the highlights a bit; that light from between the buildings is overpowering.

faisal
04-18-2009, 01:54 AM
Thanks...will do that!!!!