PDA

View Full Version : I feel good!!!!

faisal
04-04-2009, 01:47 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q121/faisal7/400D/IMG_9355.jpg

downtrodden
04-04-2009, 02:02 AM
I just got a 50D today... I'm pleasantly surprised at how useful the contrast detect AF is in live view... everyone complains about how slow and sucky it is- but I tried it side by side with the S5 and it's no slower than the S5...

Now my frustrations come in editing... specifically Noise Reduction and sharpening of ISO 1600+ images. grr..

Congrats on the new cam man!

Any other new toys coming your way?

Viky
04-04-2009, 03:04 AM
Congrats you tease!:) Tell us the whole story...

TheObiJuan
04-04-2009, 03:25 AM
LOL, that's awesome.
Congrats on your purchase Faisal.
Don't forget to save the boxes!

Spookonthe8ball
04-04-2009, 03:48 AM
Enjoy the new adventure. Iso selection is great as one who also upgraded from the 400D.
Congratulations:)
Spook

faisal
04-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Now I'm feeling bad...Sorry guys but this was kinda a late April fool thing going on....I didn't buy the 50D....just rented it out from canon as there is an exhibition going on where I can borrow any camera and lens...I borrowed the 50D with an amazing 16-35mm for about 6 hours (with one hour left)....not bad seeing how it cost me nothing...

I just got a 50D today... I'm pleasantly surprised at how useful the contrast detect AF is in live view... everyone complains about how slow and sucky it is- but I tried it side by side with the S5 and it's no slower than the S5...

Now my frustrations come in editing... specifically Noise Reduction and sharpening of ISO 1600+ images. grr..

Congrats on the new cam man!

Any other new toys coming your way?

I can't wait for your 40D vs 50D comparison.....
the Live View is tooo slow for shooting my cats or my niece...only usefulness I see is in macro shooting.....

Enjoy the new adventure. Iso selection is great as one who also upgraded from the 400D.
Congratulations:)
Spook

I'm disappointed with the banding/noise at even ISO 200...I can see it on the LCD of the camera but I still need to check it on the computer...was expecting more but sorely disappointed apart from that 6.3fps but a 40D can offer me more in that aspect....

I've done some comparison shots of my 400D (which gets blown away generally)...will post it here if any one is interested..

Sorry again...no hard feelings... :)

Rooz
04-04-2009, 05:17 AM
late April fool thing going on

a "late" april fool day joke ? ahhh...the point of april fools is it's on 1st april. lmao...you have no idea how hard this made me laugh buddy. :D

D Thompson
04-04-2009, 05:25 AM
a "late" april fool day joke ? ahhh...the point of april fools is it's on 1st april. lmao...you have no idea how hard this made me laugh buddy. :D
It's ok, he had the date correction set to -3 :eek::D:D

faisal
04-04-2009, 05:46 AM

I know it's supposed to be 1st april...it was just a temptation I couldn't resist in this case... :p

Btw I was sooo tempted to borrow a D300, but didn't have any ID card that they could use as a collateral...dammit!!! :(

It's ok, he had the date correction set to -3 :eek::D:D

nice one... :P :P

Btw...does anyone know if the 50D over exposed by maybe 2/3rd a stop???

Also to anyones concern....I tried the 500D....not bad IMO...but feels tacky in comparison to the 40/50D

michaelb
04-04-2009, 06:38 AM
How did you like the feel of the XXD body vs the 400D faisal?

I love my 40D; to me the 50D isn't worth the extra $ - the only feature of the 50D that I wish my 40D had is the micro-AF adjust.

Live view is meant for tripod work and it works well - I've used it for macro and landscapes...

http://brownphotography.smugmug.com/photos/422996096_SraRT-L.jpg

faisal
04-04-2009, 11:23 AM
How did you like the feel of the XXD body vs the 400D faisal?

I love my 40D; to me the 50D isn't worth the extra $ - the only feature of the 50D that I wish my 40D had is the micro-AF adjust.

Live view is meant for tripod work and it works well - I've used it for macro and landscapes...

it felt good....built way better and what seemed like a huge camera before doesn't seem that big anymore....now I just need to wait for some cash inflows....then I'll just either go for the 40D or the 50D....
Live view can be used for anything that does not move....so I agree...landscape and possibly some macro work...

EDIT: that 16-35mm is a killer lens...love its MFD and totally envy anyone who has it....