PDA

View Full Version : StockVault.net - What the ...... ??

Mark_48
03-29-2009, 06:35 PM
A few of you may remember a ways back I had posted in a thread, a link to a short YouTube video I had done sort of what might be used as a webpage intro if i ever got around to it. I was dinking around doing some searches and I came across the link below which links back to my video.

http://www.stockvault.net/videos/video/cC_FAaHpHqs.html

I'm not quite sure what to make of it or if I should care. Evidently it got picked up from one of the tags I may have had embedded. The guy that has the StockVault site appears to be using the links back to Youtube as a means to add content to his site. Hey I sort of got credit with my Youtube name, but should I be reaping in truckloads of royalties somewhere? Would it be concievable for someone like StockVault to link to public image galleries such as Flickr or similar to use posted images as examples of wedding photography? Copyright issues possibly?

And I'm not alone in this.....who can forget this one? :) (Hey Rhys, Did you know this was out there?)
http://www.stockvault.net/videos/video/3adWLQ66Mqg.html
Rhys bought and paid for the commercial and now it gets used by someone else. Life sucks.

Interesting StockVault disclaimer......
"Disclaimer
This video is not hosted at stockvault.net, but only embedded from youtube.com
If you want your video removed you have to remove it from youtube.com and it will automatically be removed from this website. Stockvault.net does not and cannot save, upload, change nor delete induvidual videos"

Csae
03-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Disclaimer

This video is not hosted at stockvault.net, but only embedded from youtube.com
If you want your video removed you have to remove it from youtube.com and it will automatically be removed from this website. Stockvault.net does not and cannot save, upload, change nor delete induvidual videos.

Utter bullshit.

You can have them remove your videos by right, if you choose to display it on youtube, it does not grant them the right to display it.

The easiest way though is just to disable embeding on your youtube videos. After going through a couple of "their" videos, you'll find a couple having been disabled that way.